Marinara: Do you do it?

Tools    

Well, the only 'marinara' sauce i see over is on the meatballs at subway, which is still the best sub. What would a meat sauce be? Seems somewhat vague term.

(feel obliged to add a 'lol' as well)

it took me years to quit my marinara habit. i was a mess back then. i was taking marinara 5 times a day.

So last night I went climbing and then headed to a little safehouse (mom's living room) with my little bro. I there proceeded to finish a bowl of the strongest stuff ever on a 26" pile of spaghetti. I was BLOATED. My mom had to walk me to the bus, and going through the yard when I tried to walk through the gate in the fence I couldn't coordinate my movement to open it and fell over against the fence, tripped out. She had to walk me through the gate, and then I thought her friend's car was my bus and laid on the hood. The whole time I'm going: "I can't see!" And she's going: "Open your eyes! Open them!" And I'm going "They ARE open!" I really thought they were open but apparently they were only open like the tiniest slit.

I think that I may be allergic to tomatoes.

Paul Newman got it right. None of that stuff that is cut with water like Ragu or Prego, just straight 'ol good stuff.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Yeah but look what happened to him. He tried to eat twice his body-weight in eggs

Meat sauce eh? I'll be right back...

You know 'marinara' can refer to a seafood mix in a tomato based sauce in other countries. Napolitana is referred to as just the tomato based sauce (vegetarian). Never touch the marinara stuff.

Registered Creature
My Mum made marinara the other day, I'm pretty sure!

If haven't had Ragu for a few weeks, and no one is around, I'll drink Ragu right out of the bottle.
God I love Ragu.
It's good!
Best spaghetti sauce around.
And Col. Sanders is the best chicken.

I'm tired. I could have swore that this was the Marijuana thread.

If haven't had Ragu for a few weeks, and no one is around, I'll drink Ragu right out of the bottle.
God I love Ragu.
It's good!
Best spaghetti sauce around.
And Col. Sanders is the best chicken.

I was like, "Damn, he had the munchies!"

That's like a lumpy VS, ain't it!?!

I've seriously got to get some sleep . . .

often and always, baby I prefer a very chunky "garden" marinara on all pasta - but meatless. I only like meat sauce when I'm eating breadsticks with the sauce.

totally agree with Sexy on the Alfredo as well - preferably flavored with mushrooms and/or red pepper.

Totally non-cooker question: what exactly do you use the Vodka Alfredo sauce on? Bought it because it looked tasty, but cant be quite sure ....