Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This was big hole for me considering Scorsese is one of my favorite directors. I will probably struggle for a couple of days with where this ranks among his other films for me. It was pretty great though. Lagged in the middle a bit but the rest was perfect. I wish I would have watched this before the 80's list. Safe to say this is my favorite DiNero perfromance which I know may not be a super popular opinion.
Glad you like it. I love the movie.

Beautiful film.

This film was truly great. I honestly didn't expect to enjoy this film but I did. I was truly interested in the story and cared about the main character. Few films can really make me cry, but this one did. It was truly emotionally powerful and poignant. It sounds sort of cheesy, but it's really what the film is about, it's what's on the inside that counts. Inspiring and powerful I highly reccomend this film and am SO glad that I watched it. I have no problems or complaints with this film at all. A great and amazing film.

Fire walk with me.

Not a fan of the horror genre (I'm easily scared haha) but I thought I would give this a go because the premise interested me. Really well made horror film that wasn't overly scary but had rather thought provoking scenes that made it worthwhile. Definitely recommend this one, it also requires a lot of thought which is always good.

Has anybody seen this? Thoughts?

7.5/10
I have seen this and am a horror fan. I would say this movie is solid but did stumble a bit towards the end. I think I would give it a 6 or 7.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

Planet of the Apes (Remake): I wrote a review of this film to commemorate the release of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes this Friday. It's on my website, available in my signature. Other-wise, I'll summarize what I thought. A lot was worthwhile when it came to the imagery, it felt like the classic film with an added Tim Burton creepiness. And even then, they weren't all that good.

This is where the positives end. It was a contorted mess that couldn't possibly have been meant to form a coherent narrative. It's a boring film. And I don't like it....

P.S: Helana's Ape looked like Micheal Jackson. (I said it...)

IDK, it did not work when I watched El Topo. Then again Naked Lunch I kinda liked.
It actually probably won't work. I don't think Alcohol really has that effect. At least for me, alcohol never "enhanced" a movie, but weed sure did. My goodness weed makes movies awesome! Then again, if you smoke too much you won't enjoy any movies unless your high, and then you'll spend all your money on weed and run out of both and be desperate and pawn off your comic book collection just to buy more weed.... I mean.... that never happened to me or anything, but I'm just saying you gotta be careful with drugs. They can ruin your life so fast.

You should just stick with acid.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

Not a fan of the horror genre (I'm easily scared haha) but I thought I would give this a go because the premise interested me. Really well made horror film that wasn't overly scary but had rather thought provoking scenes that made it worthwhile. Definitely recommend this one, it also requires a lot of thought which is always good.

Has anybody seen this? Thoughts?

7.5/10
I have seen this and am a horror fan. I would say this movie is solid but did stumble a bit towards the end. I think I would give it a 6 or 7.
This is a great film, I like it allot

It actually probably won't work. I don't think Alcohol really has that effect. At least for me, alcohol never "enhanced" a movie, but weed sure did. My goodness weed makes movies awesome! Then again, if you smoke too much you won't enjoy any movies unless your high, and then you'll spend all your money on weed and run out of both and be desperate and pawn off your comic book collection just to buy more weed.... I mean.... that never happened to me or anything, but I'm just saying you gotta be careful with drugs. They can ruin your life so fast.

You should just stick with acid.
I have no desire to do drugs. I never have. So I will pass.

I have no desire to do drugs. I never have. So I will pass.
The only thing I ever found drugs did was give me some good times and some good stories. Go have your own good times and listen to other peoples drug stories.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

EDIT: My original thoughts were a little too negative. I'll just say that I didn't enjoy it. It isn't a bad film (it is well made) and I think my friend constantly yabbing on about how **** it was and how we should leave early dampened it for me.

The only thing I ever found drugs did was give me some good times and some good stories. Go have your own good times and listen to other peoples drug stories.
Oh I have my own stories from being fairly sober hanging out with people who were HAMMERED in the barracks at Fort Hood. I had to restrain a guy who wanted to repel from the 2nd floor using nothing but 550 cord. And then there was the guy who ran around the barracks buck naked after he lost at beer pong.

Aah good times.

Girl, Interrupted

7.5/10

The Rig (2010)

The whole thing is basically a rip off of AvP, The Abyss, Armageddon, Alien and Aliens...

To elaborate...

- Father/Daughter relationship with the Daughter dating one of the "Roughnecks" (Oil Rig workers): William Forsythe's character as both the head of the Company and the Father, is a hardhead: Same as Bruce Willis in Armageddon. He's also not approving of his Daughter's relationship and even refers to the Roughneck she's dating as "Son": Same as Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler in Armageddon.

- There's a scene with one guy going missing, everyone else has to look for him but it's never shown, only the aftermath of what they found is shown: Harry Dean Stanton's death in Alien.

- Scene with a guy crawling around in the air ducts with a flame thrower: Captain Dallas in Alien.

- The drilling company is called "Weyland" but is only ever referred to as The Company by the characters: Alien and Aliens.
The Weyland logo is also taken directly from AvP.

- A character called Virgil: Ed Harris' character had the same name in The Abyss.

- There's a relationship between two Brothers: Similar to many, many relationships in Armageddon, Alien, Aliens and The Abyss.

- Two characters, Male and Female, have exactly the same relationship as Drake and Vasquez in Aliens.

- The creature is almost the same as the Xenomorph, just with a different head.

- One fo the characters also like to spend time alone listening to classical music: Captain Dallas in Alien.

I'm sure there's more.

Edit: There is more... the Father/Daughter relationship stolen from Armageddon also stole the idea of an absent Mother and... the Father catching the Daughter in bed with her boyfriend.

The only difference between this and the films it's ripping off... this one is simply awful.
It's also a massive surprise to see an actor like William Forsythe in such a pile of crap.

An interesting Indy, mixed language film. With Arabic, (English subtitles) and spoken English. It starts off almost documentary style then moves into a little more predictable territory...but never loses it's charm and uniqueness. The lead actress, Nisreen Faour was alone worth watching the film for.

Has anyone seen this?

tonight i am watching the movie that first made me care deeper about movies when i saw it in theaters at the age of 16

CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL

from the standpoint of good karma and being genuine,
my heart tells me to give Curse of the Black Pearl a

Rating:

bc if this had never been made, maybe i still wouldn't care about movies