The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Mate. You gotta keep up. Otherwise you'll be completely out of sync when the wicked future stuff starts rolling in.
The only reason I had consoles was because the PC gaming sitting-hunched-over-a-keyboard-staring-at-a-tiny-monitor position was one which I hated.

The PC's now hooked up to the same 42" TV as the consoles are so my only real objection is gone. Most PC games which need them have a controller option and the likes of Xpadder and Pinnacle Profiler can mimic gamepads pretty well nowadays - And this only applys if you don't like the traditional keyboard+mouse.

I can also play at a true 1080p instead of something upscaled from 720p or lower, as well.

Then there's the ability to mod, being able to play really old stuff, emulators for your old console discs etc etc etc...

All I'll miss will be the occasional console exclusive and if Gran Turismo 6 is fantastic straight from release (unlike the years worth of patching it took GT5 to be fully realised) my resolve will be tested.

Welcome to the human race...
Kind of surprised this thread has stayed quiet since my last login (although that was only about a day or so ago, I guess.)

Anyway, I've decided to drop Skyrim for the time being and start playing Mass Effect 3. Clocked up nearly 12 hours now and so far my impressions are pretty favourable. Not sure what else to say at this point and I'll probably avoid discussing the game until I've finished a whole play-through, but yeah, it's living up to expectations so far.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Ive been watching some more of the multiplayer videos of BF3 by this guy, Robbaz he is hilarious. Heres his newest video of him playing the multiplayer.

Warning Bad Language.
&list=UUN474WQPkqqhUbxhkXKieQw&index=3&feature=plcp

there's a frog in my snake oil
Ah, the 'nipple inspector'. Seen some of his stuff. Kinda dark, but given he's chattering away in his second language, pretty creative. Think the boy might have a PhD in smack talk :S

Had some fun full-squad scrapes in BF3 last night. Most amusing bit was my mate landing our flaming attack heli just in time, only for it to inexplicably explode as we rushed to heal it. As the wreckage settled he was revealed, looking sheepish, and reloading his RPG. (He'd pulled that out by mistake and 'healed' the heli with it )

I decided to play a whole round as Jesus (resurrecting everyone I could find), and we generally spent far too much time charging around 'off piste' in armoured vehicles - the driver was new to the karkand maps . Did manage to long-shot several helis on Oman with a tank, which caused almost nonsensical burblings of glee from me (I was mainly playing off-mike to spare my girlfriend, but would occasionally flick it on just to share in the pandemonium )

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have to say im looking forward to playing some BF3 It looks very fun online, not sure what the campaign will be like though, hope its not like MW, "follow me, shoot there etc"

A system of cells interlinked
The campaign is definitely exactly like that. I dislike BF3 in both Single and Multiplayer modes. The community I have interacted with has been awful, so I won't fire the game up again. Glad I didn't pay for it.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
That sucks, I find the campaign on all the MW games the same and boring and the multiplayer on the MW games also boring and the campers really annoyed the hell out of me. Im hoping BF3 is different but from the sounds of it its going to be the same Im just cant wait to start playing GTA5 when that comes out

The campaign is definitely exactly like that. I dislike BF3 in both Single and Multiplayer modes. The community I have interacted with has been awful, so I won't fire the game up again. Glad I didn't pay for it.
Ahhhh, I almost want to build a BF3-ready PC, just so we could fly helicopters askew together, while singing 80s theme songs

But I get it, you've been burned. And battlefields probably shouldn't be jovial playgrounds anyway. It is kinda wrong

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My mate has a gaming pc that he uses pretty much just for BF he loves the game and he's always going on at me to play the game, but if I was going to play it it will be on the 360. I will also only buy it preowned.

If I log into a game and I keep saying "OK, hopefully this gets fun soon", the game is just a miss for me. No matter what, if I ask for help or direction as a new player, I get a litany of taunts, name-calling etc. The community is BAD. Maybe it's just my server, but the SWTOR community is about 1,000,000,000 times better for me.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I loved Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer, but HAAAAAATE MW3.

And yes, I am also surprised Skyrim was on one disc, considering L.A. Noir was on 3!!!!

Suspect's Reviews

Originally Posted by Sedai
If I log into a game and I keep saying "OK, hopefully this gets fun soon", the game is just a miss for me. No matter what, if I ask for help or direction as a new player, I get a litany of taunts, name-calling etc. The community is BAD. Maybe it's just my server, but the SWTOR community is about 1,000,000,000 times better for me.
Yeah fair play. I'd guess MMPORGs are gonna be friendlier from the off, and FPSes def are full of complete dicks as a rule. Reckon it's only the lack of 'global chat' that's kept that side hidden from me on Xbox BF3.

(My only prolonged experience of online dickishness has been GTA IV racing. Bleh, so much hate!)

But don't you play SWTOR mainly with friends? I think that's where the appeal lies in BF3 for me. There's something strangely delicious about being surrounded by this hyper 'real' action, yet in a 'bubble' of your own gleeful little community. It's easier to enjoy the successes and laugh off the failures like that, all the while sharing a love for the boy-toy dynamics of it all. It's also made somehow funnier coz my main squad are fairly geeky, and we tend to shriek in a very unmilitary fashion whenever a helicopter crashes into our building, or whatever

Not trying to convince you, as I can see bridges have been burned (and I suspect PC is a lot more intense than Xbox as it is). I guess just trying to share what I love about it

Fair play all around. We DO have a solid group in SWTOR, and we also play Republic, which seems to attract older/old school Star Wars fans. Sith side, from what I hear, has its share of ********, that's for sure. And as i said, if I could play BF3 with you chaps, I would!

Yeah, in my experience shooters attract jerks and MMORPGs attract sissies.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

After nearly 30 hours on ME3 I am on the final mission wanted to start it last night but it was 5 in the morning, wanted to start fresh today but it all comes down to Shepard. Hope I finish it today

The People's Republic of Clogher
I loved Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer, but HAAAAAATE MW3.

And yes, I am also surprised Skyrim was on one disc, considering L.A. Noir was on 3!!!!
I guess they had to make it one disc because it's an open world game and not something episodic like LA Noir. Walk up close to a wall on a console (or PC without the HD patch) version and see how much they've had to downgrade the textures. Some of them look pretty nasty.

When the game got released people were pointing to The Witcher 2 and how much more detailed it looked. They forgot to mention that The Witcher 2 is 16GB big and (at the moment) PC-only.

We've got a month before we find out how Witcher 2 will shape up on Xbox.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
WARNING: "Bad ME3 Ending?" spoilers below

I heard some bad news last night about ME3 I wont spoil it but my mates who are MASSIVE fans of the series found the ending one of the "worst in videogame history" there was no answers, or possible on going games DLC or anything. Im not a fan of the series but I could tell they were very annoyed about it. What do you guys think of it?

Yeah, in my experience shooters attract jerks and MMORPGs attract sissies.

Sissy eh? As soon as I am done painting these butterflies on my lunch box, you are TOAST, mister!