Movies you are ashamed to admit you have never seen

Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i'm trying to not have that "what" reaction nebbs just did to anyone here because i don't want to make someone feel ridiculous about trivial stuff. especially young people.

all ya'll old people ain't got an excuse.

i'm trying to not have that "what" reaction nebbs just did to anyone here because i don't want to make someone feel ridiculous about trivial stuff. especially young people.
Sorry if you thought that is what I was trying to do because I would never do that

I am honestly not a fan of Coens. I like O' Brother Where Art Thou!.
That's the only movie I like of theirs.

I had heard a million good things about No Country For Old Men, but the best thing about that movie was Bardem & that's it.

I have a feeling I might like Lebowski, it seems like my kind of film. But honestly I have other priorities in film watching & they seem more important.

But I am still ashamed about it... will try to watch it by next month for sure.

Here, There and Everywhere
I haven't seen The Shining. :x

The Big Lebowski is super-overrated on these forums, somehow making it into the MoFos top 10...

Don't get me wrong, I really like the film, but it is hardly the Coens' best work. I'd much rather have seen Barton Fink, The Man Who Wasn't There, or---be surprised---even A Serious Man. I think those films perfectly encapsulate the heart and soul of their tragicomic surrealist style in the most refined, precise way possible. Not that their other films aren't great as well.

All I'm saying is that The Big Lebowski is not going to give you anything new about the Coens. Not like No Country and O Brother did.

Well I don't know what your reasons are for watching movies, but I watch them to be entertained. I also judge them based on how well each individual film succeeded in entertaining me, not on how well the movie represents its makers.

That said, I LOVE The Big Lebowski.

I dunno. It was certainly a barrel of laughs, which I guess makes it more "entertaining", but the other films I listed had, I feel, equally fun moments. I'm certainly not criticizing Lebowski's humor. It's effing hilarious each time I see it.

Basically... g_p is missing out on some laughs is what I'm saying. Everything Coen is in there, but in a less refined form is what I am saying. I like to take my Coen strong.

No g_p isn't just missing out on "some laughs," he's missing out on the funniest movie I've ever seen.

BTW - entertaining doesn't necessarily mean funny. Just interesting enough to hold my attention.

g_p is a man of high tastes. He doesn't just laugh at anything, you know.

The Big Lebowski isn't high-brow enough for g_p, he'll just dismiss it as a faux-Kevin Smith side project. That's why he should see O Brother Where Art Thou
Except that he's already seen O Brother and, if you look, even he thinks he'll like Lebowski.

O' Brother Where Art Thou is an awesome film..

I was actually planning to see Lebowski last week.. until someone posted a scene in the funny scenes which make you laugh when you think about it thread..
& I didn't even find the scene funny...

Priorities over Lebowski for the following week:
SPAGHETTI WESTERNS.

That scene that PW posted in that thread isn't one I would have chosen. It's funny, but not really stand alone funny. I would've chosen any scene with Jesus instead of that.