Who thinks Peter Jackson is a good Director?

Tools    

For me it's a
movie, it's Kon's best movie.

Anyway, non-English movies tend to be cheap because the actors are cheap.

In Hollywood a movie costs over 100 million dollars because actors such as Tom Cruise and Di Caprio cost around 20 million dollars to hire. They cost that much because studios can still make a profit by paying actors that much because Hollywood movies make so much money. Studios outbid one another for the actors, driving up their costs. In other words, Hollywood movies are expensive because they can be expensive.

Well... ok... adjusted that makes it only $112m per LOTR film...

... and individually they're better than modern films like Pirates Of The Caribbean At World's End and Man Of Steel at $300m each.

I'm not really a huge fan of the LOTR films like some other people are, but I can certainly appreciate their atmosphere and the filmmaking and I can see why they are so appealing.

I also liked the King Kong remake.

A system of cells interlinked
Linguam Latinam mortuam esse, quid possumus dicere?

He is a good director, not the best one but a good one. He better than the late versions of Spielberg, Lucas, JJ Abrams and Ridley Scott (quoque tu, Prometheus, fili mihi!).

Peter Jackson did what a lot of people thought impossible - bring LOTR to the screen, and the films retain the feel of the books.
He's not Kubrick, but he is very good.
Having said that, I was a little disappointed with The Hobbit.

Peter Jackson did what a lot of people thought impossible - bring LOTR to the screen, and the films retain the feel of the books.
He's not Kubrick, but he is very good.
Having said that, I was a little disappointed with The Hobbit.
I think that sums it nicely. The books were supposedly unfilmable but the films managed to fit a lot of lore in to please fans and had plenty of beautifully executed action sequences to boot.

Are they flawless? Nooo, of course not, but I honestly don't see how anyone who enjoys fantasy-adventures could hate them. If you don't like the fantasy trappings per se, then you're exercising a fundamental choice of preference that any person can broadly apply to genre, such as "not liking horror" or "not liking westerns" ect. which is entirely different from critical analysis of the quality of films within genres.

peter jackson is a great director no question about that...