The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Nothing has been confirmed regarding his role, only that he is in the movie. People have debunked the Falcone bit, so it's interesting to hear to sides say different things.

Suspect's Reviews

Her career is good already. Unless you mean turn for the worse. Dun dun dun.

no no her career will be better. She will get better roles and hell she might get nominated for an academy award...and win (If she doesn't for One Day that is)

Well, she was nominated at last year's Oscars for Rachel Getting Married. I guess she could use an actual box office hit, but she's probably on the A-list already.

most likely yeah, but i think more people will appreciate her with this role. She seems to bs typecast in mostly Romance & Comedies, so this would be a fresh for her.

Semper Fooey
It is a stupid idea to revamp Batman so soon. But does this mean the last of Nolan's will have a definitive ending, the only logical reason i see for wanting to start from scratch?

Wow! They're filming The Dark Knight Rises right here in Pittsburgh!

Dawn Keezer, director of the Pittsburgh Film Office, said the Warner Bros. production could be here for four to six weeks shooting in Downtown and nearby.

"They're still nailing down actual locations but what they really fell in love with was the diversity of architecture and the gorgeous buildings that we still have in Downtown Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas," she said.
Good call. Pittsburgh's architecture is one of the things I love most about it.

Extremely cool news.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Well if they are in the river city, I gotta believe the bat-boat will be unveiled at some point.

Semper Fooey
You may not be so excited when they shut down a street you want to drive on.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

Are you kidding? Yoda is hoping for that, so he can swoop in ninja style and plaster mofo bumper stickers on the bat-anything-mobiles.

Well if they are in the river city, I gotta believe the bat-boat will be unveiled at some point.
Good call. They figure to unveil a new gadget, and that'd be a prime candidate.

True, but I don't usually hang out downtown.

Are you kidding? Yoda is hoping for that, so he can swoop in ninja style and plaster mofo bumper stickers on the bat-anything-mobiles.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Does any 1 know what kind of Vehicle we are going to see for Batman in DKR?

The Tumbler was awesome in Begins, then became even more awesome as the Batpod in DK, so where does he go know?

Im sure Nolan wont do something stupid like a Batboat or BatJet etc so where does he go now?

Well, Dexter speculated that the filming in Pittsburgh, which is lousy with rivers, might suggest a boat, which I think is a pretty well-reasoned guess.

Very excited for this film! I say yes on bring in more Two Face and NO on Robin!

So the latest casting confirms pretty much already known facts and is slightly disappointing- http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/1...gordon-levitt/

I'm chuffed as cheese to see JGL on another blockbuster that isn't GI Joe but MC, really? I'm still calling the casting far too evocative of Inception. Why not just add Leo or make Inception 2.

The roles are a bit disappointing, in that they're don't seem as meaty as expected for such good actors but who knows? MC may turn out to be Talia As Ghul (sp?) as Ras is going to be in flashback scenes and JGL may become Robin/Azrael or something, who knows. It's probably wise move not overfilling the film with well known characters and comic history to live up to

Yeah i'm glad to see Joseph in this too, but like yourself, a little disappointed his role isn't (seemigly) big. Still, great to see him working with Nolan again. I like the Inception reunion so long as the actors who shared a lot of screen time on it don't do so much in this film.

Just so i'm clear, what do they mean by 'beat' cop? Is he supposed to be a corrupt or something??

So the latest casting confirms pretty much already known facts and is slightly disappointing-
At first I'll admit, I felt disappointed as well. But, after reading more into and thinking about it, I'm actually kinda excited for this. I hope Nolan doesn't make this a Inception reunion, but he hasn't done so in the pass. I never watched The Prestige, for example, and thought there's Bruce Wayne and Alfred again (except a little towards the end maybe). Nolan usually reuses his actors but he always makes it work out. I'm confident in him and his screenwriting.

Also- just because we haven't heard of these characters doesn't mean it is be all end all. Odds are, they will turn out to be a lot more complex then this short summary of them. Nolan always knows how to shock us- and it is still more than a year away. He wants us to speculate the way we are right now- he loves it.

In conclusion- just trust Nolan. He hasn't disappointed yet (well, me at least)

P.S.
Just so i'm clear, what do they mean by 'beat' cop? Is he supposed to be a corrupt or something??
I could be wrong- but I don't necessarily think it means corrupt. More just not that great at his job. But if he's Gordon's man, you could be right.