Toy Story 3 vs. Avatar

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I wonder how much of a hit it is going to take with the new Twilight film coming out.

Suspect's Reviews

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It'll take a hit, but it should easily top it in box-office take. In fact, that makes me think about one of the urban legends about Titanic (1997). It was all supposedly tickets sold to teenage girls which pushed that movie into its top-grossing status, but I'm quite sure that Titanic grossed more than the first two Twilight flicks together, and they got inflated dollars!

You can't compare a B-movie Toystory 3 with Avatar. Toy Story 3 is just a low quality re-hashed cartoon while Avatar braks new ground.

Er, Toy Story 3 is a remarkably witty, poignant story made with very high-quality computer graphics (though how it looks is largely incidental to its quality). Avatar is an impressive example of a new technology, and basically nothing else.

Regardless, we're talking about box office, so we can compare any two films on some level.

If you're merely saying that it's not fair to expect Toy Story 3 to compete with Avatar financially given how much time and technology went into the latter, I'd disagree, but you can disregard the above.

haha very silly to think it could beat avatar but its doing ok $473,522,780. Anyone know uk release date.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
I can't see it overtaking Avatar, so many people I know went to see Avatar multiple times just for the visual effects, whilst Toy Story is also in 3D i've heard it's nowhere near comparable to the visual experience that was Avatar.

I also don't think many people in their later 30s and early 40s would bother seeing Toy Story 3 once, let alone multiple times. Whilst it is a cartoon that appeals to all audiences on the surface it still is a cartoon, which I believe some people will be reluctant to see.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Just saw TS3. It was cute and all, and of course it has major history backing it up, but I can't see it comparing to Avatar, which is an original epic magnum opus type of project.

Not the most numerical of guys out there but I cannot see Toy Story 3 besting Avatar at the box office. I will be pleasantly surprised if it did somehow manage to, but I highly doubt it. It's a shame because even though I have yet to see the new Toy Story I already feel that it's 10 times the film Avatar is.

I agree. And it's number 3, imagine how great the next Avatar's are gonna be. Anyone watch the RedLetterMedia video on Avatar?

I agree. And it's number 3, imagine how great the next Avatar's are gonna be. Anyone watch the RedLetterMedia video on Avatar?
And why would the sequel to Avatar be greater (or let's say: better) than Avatar? Or do you know that many sequels that are better than the original that I don't know of?

Toy Story is a far better film than Avatar...

Can't say much about the sequels of Avatar yet.. But somehow I can't see how they plan to move the story forward, it's best if they move to another universe altogether with all new characters..

I was trying to say that even a second sequel movie was better than a original movie, to try and devalue Avatar. And that the second Avatar isn't going to be very good. Sorry i didn't word it right. As for sequels, some are better, Empire, Spider-Man, T2, LotR to some, anyway we better hope some are because the damn hype of the second Avatar is going to be everywhere.

Any word on what the story for 2 is going to be?

Maybe he has to wait for another Dances with Wolves