The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
A question that's been bugging me:

How did Batman get from the desert to Gotham so fast!?
I think this was discussed in the thread, and I think the answer was "There are explanations, but does it matter?"

On an aside though, after watching Batman Starts, is anyone disappointed that the city of Gotham was so brilliantly captured and oozing atmosphere there but then changed to a generic city?
That's why I prefer the first film. Neither one after it came close atmospherically.

That's why I prefer the first film. Neither one after it came close atmospherically.
I'm beginning to think it maybe my favourite Batman film.

I think this was discussed in the thread, and I think the answer was "There are explanations, but does it matter?"
It should still be explained a bit better

I think Bouncing Brick's on crack, though. That sounds more like what you wanted to happen, not what actually did.
So he didn't climb out of a pit and into the light? I must have been watching Ice Age: Continental Drift...

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
A question that's been bugging me:

How did Batman get from the desert to Gotham so fast!?
The Batcard - don't leave home without it.

Thought this might amuse/inspire a few of you.

The real cost of being Batman

Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy dealt with the emotional and physical cost of parading around a city fighting crime dressed as a bat, but not so much the financial cost.

Enter Moneysupermarket.com, who have had their top boffins calculate how much Bruce Wayne had to delve into his piggy bank to on his quest for justice.

Covering everything from a periscope to his butler Alfred's salary, the infographic below details how much you'd have to spend to become the caped crusader...

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/mov...102505343.html

unfilmed scene from tdkr. i guess joker was in it at one point.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
^^^^ That could just be a fan giving his thougts on what happened to him. Nolan stated they would never include the Joker out of respect for his dear friend, Ledger. So I highly doubt that was even part of the storyboards.

Suspect's Reviews

Don't Hang Up On Me!
loved the movie, thought it was fantastic,
best superhero movie ive ever seen (think theres one better? send me a pm, ill give it a watch)

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
loved the movie, thought it was fantastic,
best superhero movie ive ever seen (think theres one better? send me a pm, ill give it a watch)
Puma Man. Can't beat it.

Unfortunately, I don't think he nailed it at all.

AKA23, you spent an awful lot of time talking about Bane and how he's just not as interesting or psychologically menacing as the Joker, but this is not a film about Batman vs. Bane, and I fear a lot of people are failing to realize that.
Why so serious?
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

The Dark Knight Rises, when viewed through the conflict narrative, is a film about man vs. himself.

(blah blah snip) This film is about Wayne moving on from his childhood trauma.
1-dimensional villains that have no ultimate purpose or meaning but to be obstacles to Bruce's personal growth... psycho-babble subbing for character development...

Oh, so it was Batman Forever.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
You watch your stupid, boring sounding version, I'll watch the one that Nolan made.
Sorry to disappoint you but I watched the film for what it is, you try to make it seem more clever than it actually is and you could do that with almost every film out there.

The Dark Knight Rises

Christopher Nolan

Four long years I've wait for the most anticipated movie off all time (well in my head), four long years I've waited to see what Christopher Nolan can come up with next, the answer? Disappointment. After what we seen with the last Batman movies everyone even Nolan himself was promising "Epic", tho's where the words of Nolan and that's what everyone was expecting.

The Dark Knight Rises was in 2 parts for me, a great opening sequence that lead me to believe that this was going to be "Epic ", a solid first half that was looking every bit of Nolan. Then the second half came along and I don't know what happened, did Joel Schumacher take over the script or did Nolan just lose his way. The Plot, a ticking bomb straight from the script of a bond or xxx movie, seriously I was expecting Daniel Craig to fly around the corner in his Aston Martin. Maybe ime being to Harsh on this movie because I did like certain aspects of the movie, Joseph Gordan Levitt did a brilliant job for instance, and I loved Bane in the first half of the movie. Nolan still delivered on the action but for me the movie seemed like a poor effort and a bad end to the trilogy.

"The Dark Knight Rises, more like The Dark Knight Falls.

I hope no one will pos you just for having this horrible line

Ay nothing wrong with a cheesy line .

Sorry to disappoint you but I watched the film for what it is, you try to make it seem more clever than it actually is and you could do that with almost every film out there.
I'm sorry, but I am not making out to be more intelligent than it really is. All the things I have brought up are right there in the film, often times those things are spoken aloud or very obvious.

Here's what really makes me surprised that some of you seem to doubt my analysis; Inception was a great big metaphor for the filmmaking process disguised as a big budget summer flick. It was an autobiography for what Nolan does every time he makes a film. Yet, this film cannot have more going on than just the things that are on the surface? Really?

I'm sorry, but I am not making out to be more intelligent than it really is. All the things I have brought up are right there in the film, often times those things are spoken aloud or very obvious.

Here's what really makes me surprised that some of you seem to doubt my analysis; Inception was a great big metaphor for the filmmaking process disguised as a big budget summer flick. It was an autobiography for what Nolan does every time he makes a film. Yet, this film cannot have more going on than just the things that are on the surface? Really?
Have you seen Ice Age? It's about a sloth, Sid the sloth. Sid is a lonely guy who's family have deserted him and he's left all alone, that's untill he meets his new family, manny and Diego. Ice age is about how Sid and his new family battle the struggles of life through hard times, happys times and even sad times. The story is about how they stick together through the thick and thin and make there friendship stronger with everything they go through.

See what I did there? That is all you are doing.