The Buffy Re-Watch Club

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Anyway, I guess we should stop all this, as we're starting to get into stuff that those who've not seen it won't be aware of. Don't want to ruin it for them.
Yeah, there is a general Buffy thread. I really want this to be episode specific.

Anyway, watched the first episode. Welcome to the Hellmouth

It's been long enough since I've seen the first season that I've forgotten some of it. It was nice to see the gang again. They look so young. Everytime, I watch the first episode I ponder what the show would have been had Katie Holmes gotten the part of Buffy. I'm just glad she didn't. Sarah is Buffy.

The show starts out with you thinking a teenage girl is in a lot of trouble and then she turns out to be the big bad. This ain't no helpless girl show. I love it.

Cordelia is the ultimate love to hate her girl. "Nice dress, Willow. Glad to see you've found the softer side of Sears" The dialogue in Buffy is fantastic.

Felt very nostalgic about hearing someone getting the "wiggins" again.

Then there is the Bronze. It so reminds me of hanging out at Bogarts as a teenager.

There's a lot of good stuff in the first episode and it introduces the characters rather well. I'm really excited about watching this all again.

I will be joining this. I think Buffy season 4 to season 7 is some of the best TV I have ever seen. I really want to talk about things within the show but don't want to spoil anything for anyone. The only thing I will say is "The Body" is one of best episodes ever made with "Once more with Feeling" a close second.

Good. I was a big fan of the original. I recorded almost all of them from the tv when they were broadcast over here. Had a huge crushes on Shannen Doherty, Kathleen Robertson and Tiffani Amber Thiessen.

I liked Garth, Thiessen, and Marcil myself. The girl that played Claire was cool too. 90210 was cool to watch when I was in high school, I skipped a few seasons and then my wife loved it so I got back into it and caught up. I actually got into watching the repeats with my mom a few years ago as well. Addicting guilty pleasure for sure.

A system of cells interlinked
I just went through the whole series again last year, so I don't think I can do it all again so soon. Meanwhile, Honeykid hates Restless, which is one of the most brilliant episodes of any television program ever made. Honeykid's ridiculously poor taste in just about everything continues to astound MoFos around the world!

This last time through, season 2 started to feel a little long in the tooth, and wasn't as fun as I recalled it being. Season 5 kicks ass, because Glory is so damn funny, and so are her lil minions. Season 3 has some top notch episodes, like the brilliant Dopplegangland. The cast really gels in season 3, and Faith is pretty entertaining, while the mayor cracks some good lines in his wry way. I liked season 4 more this time around, even though Riley is a tool. Beer bad is still a lame episode, but there are a lot of strong episodes in season 4 when considered as a whole.

Honeykid hates Restless, which is one of the most brilliant episodes of any television program ever made
Nah, it's like the last few episodes of Angel, season 2... Only worse.

I will be joining this. I think Buffy season 4 to season 7 is some of the best TV I have ever seen. I really want to talk about things within the show but don't want to spoil anything for anyone. The only thing I will say is "The Body" is one of best episodes ever made with "Once more with Feeling" a close second.
Glad your joining us. One thing people can do when they really feel like they want to talk ahead is revive the other Buffy thread and do it there.

I tend to be very forgetful so I want experience this "fresh" as possible. Once we hit season four, I've seen more of those episodes recently.

Don't forget everyone. Episode 2 season 1 Thursday. If you fall behind you can always catch up. I don't mind people talking backwards.

Glad to have you aboard, Camo. I think Seanc and I are the only ones to have watched the first episode. Everyone else may want to go ahead and watch the first and second episode as tomorrow is the day we move on.

Glad to have you aboard, Camo. I think Seanc and I are the only ones to have watched the first episode. Everyone else may want to go ahead and watch the first and second episode as tomorrow is the day we move on.
I'll watch both of them now.

Watched The Harvest since I know I won't get to it tomorrow. Only an hour and a half into the series but I have a couple thoughts. Looking forward to everyone starting to chat about it.

So what do you mofos think of the Master? I've heard him called one of the lamest villains of the series but I personally loved his look and personality. He's really a perfect minor villain to get the ball rolling, closer to a small-time ganglord with aspirations to bigger things, foreshadowing the Mayor's wry evil.

I really liked The Master. It's classic. A head vampire with a Nosferatu look. It's Buffy The Vampire Slayer, after all. It'd be odd if the main villain was a werewolf or a dragon or something.

I'm going to watch the two-parter in one go, so I'll try and watch them over the weekend.

The second episode did not do anything for me because it was mostly action based. I kind of expect the show to be character driven and I hope I am right about that or I don't know that I will make it through.

I am interested to see a lot more of Buffy and Angel's interactions. I think that will be the relationship I end up caring about.

I've always thought The Master was a good Buffy villain. Not my favorite, by far, but good.

Sean, it is character driven. I've never castes for the second episode for it being mostly action either. Honestly, Buffy may not be for everyone, but if you don't at least watch the second season, you'll never see what Buffy can be.

I've always thought The Master was a good Buffy villain. Not my favorite, by far, but good.

Sean, it is character driven. I've never castes for the second episode for it being mostly action either. Honestly, Buffy may not be for everyone, but if you don't at least watch the second season, you'll never see what Buffy can be.
I agree with this. The first season while i still enjoy it, plays out more like a teen show with action thrown in, but from the second season on it focuses more on relationships and character development. Stick with it until at least the second season Sean, you won't regret it . Saying that one of my favourite episodes, Nightmares, is in the first season.

I liked The Master too, and perhaps naively thought he'd be the main villain throughout the series him being The Master and all .

I rewatched the first two episodes and it reminded me of how flawed but brilliant Buffy is. Like when Buffy asks Zander where the vampire would've took Willow, Zander instantly knows as if it's common for guys to take girls to a creepy room at the back of a graveyard . I have no idea why but when Zander said "it's cool, Buffy's a superhero" it cracked me up. Can't wait for the next episode and hope more people join in.

I started episode 1 and all I can say right now is I LOVE Willow. Alyson Hannigan is awesome.