Game of Thrones Season 2

Tools    

Trailer:

&feature=g-logo&context=G27670b2FOAAAAAAACAA

Art direction. I love the glimpse of Dragonstone and the Pike Islands.

The girl who plays Arya is so adorable.

Anyone else a fan of this show? Fan of the books? Personally, I cannot wait for season 2. And I have no idea how they are going to make seasons 4 and 5...

Well, Storm of Swords is rumoured to be Seasons 3 and 4 and hopefully will be filming back to back soon. Popular consensus is to roll AFFC and ADWD into one Season. Not a bad idea in regard AFFC but ADWD has got a bit more ground covered so 10 episodes could be tall order to fit that much in. I have faith though and literally not wait until this starts which also happens to be on my birthday! Very excited to see the new cast as well which seem to have been nailed yet again.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
HAAAAAATE the kid sitting on the throne!!!!!!!! The quick glimpse of him ordering the soldier to rip the daughters clothes off, argh.

So much sorrow in this series.

Suspect's Reviews

Gah! My wife's a big Florence + the Machine fan, and when Ceremonials (her new album) came out she noticed that one of the tracks, "Seven Devils," would be great as background music for a trailer about The Man Who Was Thursday movie adaptation we'd love to make in our dreams. Ever since I've pictured how we'd shoot it, and how beautifully the movie would punctuate it all (even the lyrics fit the story). It's deliciously creepy and cinematic. So I'm both happy and a little bit "aw, man!" to see Game of Thrones using it to promo the new season.

At least someone else recognized how perfect it is for this sort of thing, though.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
nice lil refresher

HAAAAAATE the kid sitting on the throne!!!!!!!! The quick glimpse of him ordering the soldier to rip the daughters clothes off, argh.

So much sorrow in this series.
Whatever you do, don't read the books. If you think the show has sorrow, try reading the novels. Without too much in the way of spoilers, it's tough reading about characters you love for a couple thousand pages just to see them die.

At the same time, it's what makes this series so refreshing. It takes place in a realistic world. It's the type of world where when someone gets taken captive there's not going to be some crazy rescue where a few people break in and save the person...the person is just most likely going to die. In real life the heroes don't always win and that exactly the way it is in the Song of Ice and Fire series.

That said, some of the "bad" people get what's coming to them. I use the term "bad" in quotations because some of the people that start off bad become sympathetic and vice versa. That's another thing that makes the series so great. It's not always black and white when it comes to where the sympathies of the reader lies.

I think one of the best things about the series of books is how a character has repulsive has Jaime can become one of the best characters over the course of books. Really summarises how characters are painted and there's not really a good or evil (in some cases). Sandor 'The Hound' is another fantastically flawed yet fascinating character, I hope they do him and his relationship with Sansa justice this season.

BB, in fairness, a lot of deaths shouldn't be surprising as there's a lot of foreshadowing or just stupidity - thinking of a certain Dornish prince and Knight of the Kingsguard. Even Ned, logically, his character was never going to survive in the situation he put himself in.

True, but there's a few that did catch me off guard and a couple that turned out to not have happened! I'm so hooked on the books...

A Storm of Swords is probably the best thing i've ever read. 'That' bit in it took me completely off-guard, I had to put the book down, re-read it, stand up, take a breath and go for a 5 minute walk before continuing. It was only after thinking about some prophecies and spells cast I was like should have seen it. How far are you with them?

I've read all of them. The only problem I have is I forget sometimes which things happened in which books! I can only assume you're talking about:

WARNING: "DON'T READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOKS!!!!" spoilers below
The wedding. That part shocked the crap out of me, despite the fact that the entire chapter I was on the edge of my seat. I saw it coming, but I still refused to believe it until it happened.

Yeah, that was the event. Had to literally re-read it a few times because simply didn't believe what I just read had happened so assumed misread it. And then after Arya's chapter after that, had to cheat and flick through to find her next one. Intense emotions.

What did you think of the ending of ADWD. I'm assuming that a certain character is not really in the state he's in.

If they can have someone slapping Joffery every episode, then I'd be a happy camper.
I agree. That was one of the best things about tonights episode.

What did you think of the ending of ADWD. I'm assuming that a certain character is not really in the state he's in.
I have no idea what to think. I just sat there sort of stunned.

WARNING: "DON'T READ UNLESS YOU'RE CAUGHT UP ON ALL THE BOOKS!" spoilers below
The thing is, now that we're deeper into the series we know that death not only isn't permanent, but we're learning through Bran that the afterlife isn't that far removed from the plane the universe exists within. I'm thinking there's going to be some sort of connection between Bran and Jon. Still, I can't get used to the deaths that happen in this series!

The first episode was a little bit slow, but if it follows the trend of season one it will end with a bit of energy.

As a fan of the books, I love the references to characters that we haven't seen yet in the show. It makes the show feel like it's part of the bigger world of the novels without really having to make it as vast. I do wonder, however, what it's like watching the show without having knowledge of the source material. It seems like the gloss over a few things and that may seem confusing. Or maybe I'm just used to knowing about those things and they are more trivial to the TV show audience...

Anyway, I need to read the books again because I can't remember everything that happens in the second one. I know that this season will be more eventful than the first, but I can't remember what exactly happens in which of the books!

You want to post like me?
What does everybody think of the new cast? Personally, I don't like the look of Stannis. His acting seems solid and all, but I always pictured him bigger, balder and just more fearsome.
Melisandre is spot on.
Craster was good.
Davos isn't how I pictured him at all but I really liked that guy's performance and how he looked.