Vegetarian or Non vegetarian?

Tools    

Your yoga trainer advised you that it's good for you and so here you are a vegetarian posting links to famous vegetarians? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...so lame.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Nope, and never will be. Not saying you are, but a lot of vegetarians I've met have been so preachy and given off an aura like they are superior to meat eaters.

And I can't stand extremist veggies:

Well......are you Vegetarian or Non vegetarian? It's good for you.My yoga trainer advised me..
Hmm... lean meat is actually good for you, as is poultry due to the high amount of protein in it.

I have a friend who is a vegetarian and who models quite a bit (insert joke about male models). He has a job coming up in September for which his abs have to show and it's an absolute nightmare for him to eat properly in order to lose body fat.

The problem with plant-based foods is that most of them are very, very high on carbohydrates, which are bad when you want to lose your fat. So, the guy is now eating nothing but soup, salad and blending whey and cassein protein with water = starve to some extent.

This is an extreme example, but being a vegetarian isn't necessarily good for you in that you will consume a massive amount of carbs if you don't have a strict diet strategy. That's not to say that carbs are bad, but I don't endorse a huge intake of them. That's not healthy.

Don't you think you're gonna miss meat?

I'm not vegetarian myself, but most of my family are and I notice a lot of people seem to have this misconception that veggies eat nothing but vegetables. There are meat substitutes that have the exact same nutritional values as the meat they are imitating. Becoming a vegetarian these days doesn't mean sacrificing a good diet, in fact most's heath is better off for it.

Also, sure there are groups of people who are preachy about it. But that goes for any group of people. There are people who are preachy about eating meat, too.

I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian (meaning I did not eat meat, but would eat eggs and dairy) for about 11 years. I started at about 16 and kept up through my late 20s.

Honestly, I think it really impacted my health in a negative way. Even with all the meat substitutes and the eggs and dairy, my protein to carb ratio was way off balance and I was eating too many bad carbs - simple starches and refined sugars.

I gave it up a few years ago for various reasons and I must say that's probably the best choice I could have made in my circumstances. As a result of my mistakes, I am now insulin resistant and have blood glucose in the pre-diabetic range. (I'm working to correct this with exercise and a diet that includes lean meats and high fiber carb sources.)

Now, I'm not saying that being a vegetarian is always an unhealthy choice, but it isn't something that anybody should just dive into because it's all too easy to do it wrong. Do your research. Meet with a dietition or nutritionist to make sure you're making the right choices. Learn which protein sources are best. Try not to rely too heavily on commercially available substitutes as they can be very high in sodium. Also try not to rely too heavily on soy products since they contain estrogens and can have negative effects on your body if consumed too much. Do everything in your power to make sure you aren't making mistakes.

Also, sure there are groups of people who are preachy about it. But that goes for any group of people. There are people who are preachy about eating meat, too.
Oh yes of course, but this is a group where I've met a lot compared to other beliefs and so on. And I know some who are absolutely lovely too. But the majority that I've met have been negative. And I can't see many meat eaters preaching compared to vegetarians.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm an omnivore, but most foods are starting not to taste too good to me. Don't worry about me. I have enough fat on me to hibernate for three years straight. In fact, that might solve two different problems I have.

that's what she said...
Deffinately NOT a vegetarian. I LOVE roast beef, beef jerkey, turkey, salami and hamburgers (especially COVERED in lawrys season salt). I'm not a big chicken fan tho.
I very much dislike salad. A: I HATE lettuce/cabbage & tomatoes. B: Veggies arn't even filling.
I do however LOVE potatoes, brocoli and ESPECIALLY SPINAGE yummm

meat eater. i dont really respect "vegetarians" who eat chicken and fish, or go on a vegetarian bent for a couple of months, because ....who hasnt done that once or twice in their life? That happened to me in college when I was too poor to buy groceries, so I ate myself through my canned goods. whoop-de-doo.

in my experience, vegetarians who are hard-core ....are at best weak. No, I mean literally, physically weak, and at worst their diet creates, or complicates their score of health issues. ijs.

and Im always blown away by the obese vegetarians. Its like ...disturbing, because the diet is clearly not working for them. one girl I knew in HS ended up bingeing on carbs and sugar, and struggled with her weight, whereas I ate anything and everything I wanted and wore a size 4. I get it as a dietary aid for a certain period of time to control weight or to aid with other health issues - long term? Im still skeptical.

The hell is a non-vegetarian? It's as absurd as a non-smoker.
I had a friend in college who was on an all raw meat diet for a while. He even joined a raw food club and appalled all the other (vegan) members at the first meeting he went to. "You mean you don't eat meat?!"

The End.

A system of cells interlinked
I'm an omnivore....

The focus is clearly on the health side of things here -- I see no mention of the moral or ethical reasons behind people becoming vegetarian.

Just throwing that out there.
That's because there aren't any.

I just ate some chili sandwiches, so I'd say I'm a non-vegetarian.