The Videogames Tab

Tools    

North American Scum!
Anyone else do the 'vampire' sidequest in F3? I thought it was a little too like Oblivion planted into a futuristic setting and it came off as really weird.

Otherwise loved the game. The atmosphere was perfect but I heard the previous Fallouts had lots of dark humour in them...wish F3 could have had a little more of this...it was almost too bleak at times. Still great although Oblivion was superior IMO.

In the Beginning...
Aren't there alternate endings to that though?
Yes, depending on what you accomplished in the game. I thought I had actually done a lot more, but my ending was very abrupt.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
As for the game, i kinda don't really have any incentive to go and do the side quests, i don't need to better my character for the final mission- which should surely be the point of them.
I don't know, I just like doing them, if anything to get my money's worth. I still try to find stray quests in Oblivion I haven't completed. Half the fun of Fallout 3 for me is doing everything I can in downtown DC.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
And anyone who's played it, how was the your outcome with the Enclave, just wondering if all the speech options lead to the same conclusion.
WARNING: "Enclave" spoilers below
I'm not sure what you mean by the same conclusion, but I talked the President into a fallacy of logic, so he chose to shut himself down and self-destruct the complex. I'm sure the place explodes no matter what you do, but I can see how it would be pretty easy just to get Mr. President all riled up and pissed.

I've had some trouble with Fallout 3; the battle system for the most part. Some of the "Super Mutants" are nearly impossible to kill, or perhaps it's just me. I don't know, maybe I just need to play it more.
What level is your character? The game is tough in the beginning because everything is a higher level than you. Once you start getting established and putting some of those perks under your belt (many of which actually augment the battle system in your favor), it gets much easier... and thus, much more fun.

A quick tip on Super Mutants... if you've got enough points in stealth, try hitting them in the back with a shot from the Hunting Rifle. If that doesn't put them down, get behind something, and when they come after you, use the VATS right as they turn the corner, aim your shotgun at the head (percentage should be nigh 100%), and watch the pretty fireworks.

Anyone else do the 'vampire' sidequest in F3? I thought it was a little too like Oblivion planted into a futuristic setting and it came off as really weird.
Wuh? Where was this?

The People's Republic of Clogher
'The Family' quest in Aruba...Falafu...argh that place you get sent to deliver Lucy's letter? I suppose it's Vampire-like but I didn't get an Oblivion vibe from it at all.

Oh, okay -- when I get back to NYC, I plan on playing it a lot more than I had. I was on the second father mission involving the radio station, so needless to say I wasn't very far...

Yeah, i agree with the tactic about waiting from them to run round the corner into your shotgun. Combat does get surprisingly easy, think once you start killing raiders and collecting more effective weapons than the hunting rifle.

Sleezy- that was the Enclave ending i got, just remembered a lot of speech options that might not necessarily have led to the same outcome, just wondered if something different happened to others. I obviously will complete the side quests just for money's worth but in the context of the game they seem redundant, as do a lot of the perks.

Dead Space has been my obsession over the past few months. I might be getting Tomb Raider: Underworld soon, but I've heard some negativity around the camera...

Dead Space has been my obsession over the past few months. I might be getting Tomb Raider: Underworld soon, but I've heard some negativity around the camera...

Unless it's patched pretty soon I'm gonna trade it. It doesn't make the game completely unplayable but just be prepared to die. A lot.

After recently completing Dead Space (although I have to revisit it once I buy some of that awesome-looking downloadable content from XBox Live), I've been getting back into Lost Odyssey for the 360. Both are really good games.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Do they actually do that? Or is the PC, not PS3 you're talking
A lot of console games get patched nowadays. Fallout 3 on PS3 will be getting a Trophy patch (and hopefully one that will stop the freezing when someone signs into your PSN) according to Bethesda, for instance.

With games that I've owned, Little Big Planet has had a couple of patches (dunno what for), GT5 Prologue (improving handling realism and stuff), Warhawk (loads of stuff) and Soulcalibur IV (a few small patches to stop impossible to defend moves).

So, yeah, a patch is perfectly possible on console but will they actually make one? Depends on the outcry I suppose.

Now that consoles have hard drives and internet access it makes things easier but I wonder if the quality control before the game is released is suffering.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Ive been playing "Cabelas African Safari" allot recently it is a great game. Basically you go hunting for all different animals in different countries around Africa.

I just beat Left4Dead. It was awesome.

was it really? all my peeps everywhere are saying the same, but I also heard that if you play it on singler player mode you can beat it in one setting....which is uncool.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
There is a game coming out that im hyped about! It is a ultimate collection of Sega mega drive games.

Here is a list of games,

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Dr. Robotnik’s MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides of Time
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2

was it really? all my peeps everywhere are saying the same, but I also heard that if you play it on singler player mode you can beat it in one setting....which is uncool.
If you have XBL it has tons of replayability. Easily the best FPS this year.

There is a game coming out that im hyped about! It is a ultimate collection of Sega mega drive games.

Here is a list of games,

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Dr. Robotnik’s MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides of Time
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
For what console?

If you have XBL it has tons of replayability. Easily the best FPS this year.
Damnit, yet another reason to have a 360 over PS3 (in terms of games, i still prefer the design (not physical) of PS3)

In the Beginning...
I don't know... on Normal, that would be pushing nine hours straight.

Yeah I would give Left 4 Dead a