Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Er, wouldn't Batman be the "villain" of the movie? It seems to me if WB have Batman and Superman fighting each other and then teaming up later they run the risk of it turning out like the first Fantastic Four movie where the team member’s bickering take up much more screen than their confrontations with the film’s big bad. Admittedly, The Avengers pulled it off great but given WB's track record with super hero movies I’m not sure they can do the same.

I don't think WB has the balls to have a full movie of Superman fighting Batman. (that would have been amazing, if they kept it gritty and dark, maybe bumped the rating)

They'll probably fight for about half the movie, then team up like Superbuddies to fight a villain too ignorant to let the two kill each other. Then, the Justice League happens.

It probably will turn out to be a Fantastic 4 rip off, because what a great movie that was.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I don't think WB has the balls to have a full movie of Superman fighting Batman.
They're making a sequel to MOS, might be getting Timberlake to play the Riddler, and are castin Affleck as Batman. I'd say WB has balls big enough for damn near anything.

On the outside looking in.
They're making a sequel to MOS, might be getting Timberlake to play the Riddler, and are castin Affleck as Batman. I'd say WB has balls big enough for damn near anything.
No, ballsy would be if WB made Tyler Perry's BATMAN, starring Will Smith as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Jaden Smith as Dick Grayson/Robin, and Perry himself as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. People would be clamoring for the return of Joel Schumacher!

No, ballsy would be if WB made Tyler Perry's BATMAN, starring Will Smith as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Jaden Smith as Dick Grayson/Robin, and Perry himself as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. People would be clamoring for the return of Joel Schumacher!
Can never unsee...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Ive just seen on twitter that they are bringing Antman forward to rival this in the summer of 2015.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Gah. Suddenly nipples on the Batsuit and Arnold spouting endless ice related puns doesn't seem so bad.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
What would be cool is if Batman and Superman don't even attempt to fight in the movie. I don't see how Batman would stand a chance. Aside from that, I think that Lex Luthor would make a good villan for it IF they go with a Wayne Ent/Lex Corp relationship gone sour causing Batman to investigate Luthor and he and Superman can bump into each other and form an uneasy partnership that grows into a friendship for the Justice League OR what if they did a Lex Luthor/Riddler team up, like Edward Nigma working for Lex Corp.

Finished here. It's been fun.
There's no way this can be true.....right?.....right? This sounds like the worst idea already. This might end up being worse than Batman and Robin if this is true. Affleck and Beiber in the same movie? Count me the eff' out.

They're gonna f*ck this whole thing right up.

Maybe they want to kill the franchise. They're going the right way about it.

Affleck, Bieber and rumours of Timberlake as well?

Sounds like the worst version of The Expendables ever.

What's next?
I guess with this being a franchise crossover, they'll get Paul WS Anderson in as Director too and have Jovovich as Wonder Woman.

I think I know what it is tbh.

Warner were sued by the Estate that owns Superman. Shuster and Siegel's families basically.
The court case put forward that due to lack of films after Superman Returns was a box office bomb, the Estate made no money from their ownership of the rights.
Warner were actually ordered by Law to make a film or get sued for Billions of dollars through the Estate's loss of revenue... which is why Man Of Steel was made.

Man Of Steel wasn't as near as good as it should have been and didn't make as much money as it could have done. Funny that huh?

Now there's all this about Bieber, Timberlake and Affleck that may actually result in another box office bomb.

The court case stated that if Warner were to make a film and it was to make a loss or very little profit, that Warner would then have the right to give up their part of the ownership of Superman.

It all sounds a bit cloak and dagger, but I think Warner are actually wanting to cut their ties to the franchise and are doing these controversial things on purpose.

Finished here. It's been fun.
^Hmmm. All what you wrote is new to me. Care to give more on the subject.

That's basically all I know.

The courts said basically "make Superman films or get sued by the Shuster/Siegel Estate for $Billions"

A side part of that was if the films aren't superbly successful that Warner can waive their half of the rights and won't have to make any more films.

I'm sure Warner would rather lose a few Million and waiver their rights to the franchise...

... than get sued for Billions and be tied to something that will cost them an arm and leg for the rest of time.

This is why I'm sure they're doing these controversial things on purpose. They made a tone of controversies with Man Of Steel... now the same with SvB.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
i remember hearing and thinking the same sort of thing when justin timberlake was cast in Alpha Dog.