Would you like to see Schwarzenegger go for an Oscar role?

Tools    

^^That is a lot if you ask me!

I enjoy watching the Oscars. Sometimes they do make blunders, make safe choices, but all in the movies on their list are all great!

I'd like to see anyone try serious drama, and he's one in particular I've thought about, it'd be very interesting. But, in his long career, I'm sure he would have tried a role like that if he was really interested, so I guess let Arnold do his thing. I can't really speak on the topic of Schwarzenegger though, I've only watched a couple of his movies, really.

That would only work if Arnold could, y'know, act. His best role is the Terminator precisely because the character is supposed to be wooden and emotionless.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
It would be fun to watch Arnold go for an Oscar but I seriously doubt it would work. He's great in action movies where all he has do is shoot stuff and spout one liners but beyond that his acting ability is pretty much nonexistent. Besides, if he was interested in trying to win an Oscar then he probably would have done so by now since he's been acting for thirty years or so now.

C'mon, it's be hysterical seeing him try to act like a human. God knows how much we'd have to pay to get the footage released, but it'd probably be worth it.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
The Academy Awards exist entirely to promote Hollywood and award the best "Hollywood" films that have been released in the three-four months prior to the ceremony. With your occasional foreign film or independent picture thrown in there to make it look as if they've watched "lots" that particular year.

If they made a film where Arnold Schwarzenegger played an alcoholic, or a down on hi luck man, or a historical figure, and he performed it half well, he'd get an acting nomination. That's the way it works.

Other countries use their primary award ceremonies to promote films from their countries too, so there's nothing wrong in it. I just prefer to read people's thoughts rather than listen to the "Academy" who make nominations based on who got nominations at the Golden Globes (which in turn, bases its nominations on "who" it can invite to their party).

If Arnold tried a serious film though, I would definitely go to see it, because I'd either be amazed that he is decent, or amused at how bad the film would be.

Reviews

The Academy Awards exist entirely to promote Hollywood and award the best "Hollywood" films that have been released in the three-four months prior to the ceremony. With your occasional foreign film or independent picture thrown in there to make it look as if they've watched "lots" that particular year.

If they made a film where Arnold Schwarzenegger played an alcoholic, or a down on hi luck man, or a historical figure, and he performed it half well, he'd get an acting nomination. That's the way it works.

Other countries use their primary award ceremonies to promote films from their countries too, so there's nothing wrong in it. I just prefer to read people's thoughts rather than listen to the "Academy" who make nominations based on who got nominations at the Golden Globes (which in turn, bases its nominations on "who" it can invite to their party).

If Arnold tried a serious film though, I would definitely go to see it, because I'd either be amazed that he is decent, or amused at how bad the film would be.

I always thought the one Michael J Fox got was hilarious.

It was something like:

Outstanding work by an actor suffering with a disease

Completely fabricated award and he seemed really pleased to get it.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
I always thought the one Michael J Fox got was hilarious.

It was something like:

Outstanding work by an actor suffering with a disease

Completely fabricated award and he seemed really pleased to get it.
Oh, it's just all ridiculous. Oscars, BAFTAs, any other national variant. None REALLY mean anything. Although, of course, I would love to win one

In reality no awards ceremony is definitive, so they should all be taken with a pinch of salt. Especially the Golden Globes.

I think awards are just validation for an actor/actress/director/writer/etc.'s hard work. If the right people get rewarded for their work, I have no problem with it. Again, I want to point out that some of you are rating Arnie way too high on the scale of Oscar worthy acting. Seriously, have you guys seen the competition, especially at that time? He wouldn't stand a chance, stop imagining that in some strange world, he will.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

That would require him to actually... you know, act. Something I don't think he's actually capable of doing or at least not capable of doing it well. Kind of like politics. And correctly pronouncing the word California.
this. agreed.