Does Anybody Else Hate Robin Williams?

Tools    

So here s the thing: I hate Robin Williams. Not as a person, (why should I?) but as an actor. I saw almost everyone of his movie hoping with all my heart I liked them... but they all sucked. The only one I liked was Flubber but at that age I liked anything that was colored and made noises... everybody with whom I discuss this loves him. In my opinion: Hello Vietnam was terrible, so was Patch Adams and don't even get me started on Dead Poets society (probably his worst movie). I even saw some of his stand up comedy shows... just not funny. At all. I m talking about both his performances and his movies as a whole (plot ,the other actors etc...). Now is there someone else that feels this way about that talentless SOB? (No I don't think he s talentless, but I ve never been able to see why people think he s so talented, maybe it s my fault...) or maybe someone who can explain why he s so talented? And why his movies are considered good? And above all why dead poet's society isn't a pile of **** but a masterpiece? I don't want to offend anyone, just want to start a constructive discussion.

Never liked his stand up - was way too campy - much rather watch someone like Dennis Miller or George Carlin.

Never seen a Robin Williams movie but I'm not that eager to.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
You know he's dead right?

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
In the end, everything depens on your opinion...

But Robin Williams is one of the persons I can't stop admiring! Some of his movies were generation milestones (like it or not), he was a terrific actor with an incredibly strong presence, and he was also a great comedian and a very nice musician!

I'm curious to see your Top 10, so I understand all that hate for the Dead Poets Society.

Just a tip, if you want to start a constructive discussion, calling SOB to anyone may not be the best way to start...

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I liked "Dead Poets Society" and thought his performance was fine in "Good Will Hunting" - it's a really good movie.

I don't like his standup, but I think his humanity comes through in his films; I always felt warmth.

Perfect timing for my famous CM Punk gif

I always liked Robin Williams. I might not have like all his movies but he was great in many of them.

Awesome in The World According to Garp
Very funny in The Birdcage
Sadly poignant but excellent in What Dreams May Come

Just to name a few greats.

I don't like his standup, but I think his humanity comes through in his films; I always felt warmth.
I couldn't have said it better myself! That is exactly why I love watching his movies, and why I found One Hour Photo really unsettling. Good, but unsettling!

I hate that Robin Williams committed suicide. Not because it's sad, but because I think he did the world a disservice by doing it. And not because it means he's no longer in the world.... I hate that he did it because it makes things look hopeless in a way. If someone like Robin Williams, who is supposed to be so happy and joyous and cheerful, can kill himself, what hope do the rest of us have? He really wrecked his life story and his legacy by killing himself, but at the same time, it's strangely interesting.

As for his movies... he made a lot of bad ones. I don't like Dead Poets Society, either. He still made some good ones, though. I absolutely do not hate the guy and I wish he was still alive. But, oh well.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
To be honest this thread sucks. It's abit disrespectful to start thread about hating a guy you didn't know. I haven't seen much of his work and the stuff I have seen I didn't really enjoy, but I didn't hate the man. And it's such a sad thing that happened to him.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

We've gone on holiday by mistake
OP seems a bit present tense to me, like he doesn't realise Robin Williams is dead.

So here s the thing: I hate Robin Williams. Not as a person, (why should I?) but as an actor. I saw almost everyone of his movie hoping with all my heart I liked them... but they all sucked. The only one I liked was Flubber but at that age I liked anything that was colored and made noises... everybody with whom I discuss this loves him. In my opinion: Hello Vietnam was terrible, so was Patch Adams and don't even get me started on Dead Poets society (probably his worst movie). I even saw some of his stand up comedy shows... just not funny. At all. I m talking about both his performances and his movies as a whole (plot ,the other actors etc...). Now is there someone else that feels this way about that talentless SOB? (No I don't think he s talentless, but I ve never been able to see why people think he s so talented, maybe it s my fault...) or maybe someone who can explain why he s so talented? And why his movies are considered good? And above all why dead poet's society isn't a pile of **** but a masterpiece? I don't want to offend anyone, just want to start a constructive discussion.
I think there are a few more films of his you might want to check out since the ones you have seen are kind of limited and you doesn't even have the titles correct. First of all, the name of the film was Good Morning Vietnam and you might want to check out The World According to Garp, One Hour Photo and Mrs. Doubtfire before you dismiss all of his films as crap. To dismiss the man as talentless just because YOU don't like him is unfair and to do it after his death is insensitive and tasteless. And to title this thread the way you did and then have the nerve to say you want to start a constructive discussion makes you look like a real moron.

In the beginning when he was on Mork and Mindy, I did not care for him and that followed through to his movies.

But when I saw Mrs. Doubtfire and some of the touching scenes he was in wanting t to get back to his children, I realized then, like many comedians, he could REALLY act.

Liked that movie plus Good Morning Vietnam, The Dead Poets Society, Moscow On The Hudson, The World According To Garp and Bicentennial Man. He looked like he had a roaring time as Teddy Roosevelt in Night At The Museum.

At one time I would have agreed with you, but not now,.

Plus his mentor was Jonathan Winters, one of my ALL TIME favorites.

Sorry

I always liked Robin Williams even if I didn't like what he was in. I don't know how anyone wouldn't get a good feeling of some sort from watching the guy.

I used to like Robin Williams until I seen "One Hour Photo"... since then.. I could care less seeing any of his films... I used to love him on "Mork and Mindy" because that was something I grew up with.. there are few films I did watch... but to rewatch... no thank you.