Game of Thrones Season 2

Tools    

One can only hope. The RPG is releasing next month, I believe. Not quite the same though.

About the show: I'm on the verge of finishing the first season and it's done a terrific job of keeping in line with the books (I'm on A Dance with Dragons).

Just watched the latest episode! It was really great, anyone wanna talk about it? opinions, theories, favorite characters?

Are you watching as a book reader? I'm finding myself very torn, I appreciate several of the changes they're making to the material but hard trying to take my bias away from the source and obviously knowing the ripple effects they'll have later.

I would say that Jeyne/Robb romance is looking very cheesy.

Didn't buy that chase meaning Jon was completely lost from Qhorin.

Less is almost entirely more with Littlefinger, don't like seeing him pop up in every scene, borderline parody.

Jaqen H'ghar is cool but he's meant to the GHOST of Harrenhall, the deaths are to obviously pointing to murder, less accidents.

Not sure why Osha needed to bed Theon to help the boys escape.

Arya and Theon, in particular, are knocking it out the park bring fantastic undertones of menace an sympathy, relatively.

Hound action, finally!

Missing Stannis and Davos this episode, though went so briskly didn't notice till the end.

Actually like the addition of Dany's dragons being stolen, will see how that pans out. If only she can stop shouting 'WITH FIRE AND BLOOD' in every conversation. The Spice Merchant is awful, too much like Wallace Shawn.

Ser Rodrik's death was a nice change of characters and worked well, just anxious how they're going to introduce a certain character now and aspects of his character/interactions.

I haven't read the books and I don't know if I want to. I usually always do but this show I haven't even thought about it. I think it's because I think the show is true art because they put so much detail into it. Do you think the books are better?

I'm actually kind of excited with the love interest with Robb because he hasn't had one and he seems like he's going to play a kind of "Prince Charming"? Which is probably why you say it seems cheesy? lol

How do you mean that Jaqen is supposed to be a ghost?

I love Arya, she is a favorite of mine, she has such a strong will and I like her relationship with The Lord Tyrant.

I didn't like at all that Osha slept with him because I've always viewed her as a strong female role and I feel like whenever women have sex in this show, they are "dehumanized" or are not shown as in bright a light. I did love how she slit that soldiers throat though!

I'm really interested in The Hound's interest in Sansa's safety. He's seemed to always have an eye on her and my opinion and in the preview for the next episode it seems that they will have a heart to heart? Any thoughts on that?

I also loved how he ripped the guys guts out that was going to rape Sansa!

I am not as big of a fan of the Kaleesi because she is too strong willed and not subtle enough about the intentions she has. I know she is supposed to be queen and all but she's very bossy and that will not get her the right attention.

I also enjoyed Rodriks death because I want to see Thions head cut off, lol.

Oh and I always always love seeing Joffrey get verbally and physically abused because he's a spoiled pompous prince that deserves a good beating! But that's also why he's a good character because then you have someone to hate and it gives controversy to the story.

I haven't read the books and I don't know if I want to. I usually always do but this show I haven't even thought about it. I think it's because I think the show is true art because they put so much detail into it. Do you think the books are better?

I'm actually kind of excited with the love interest with Robb because he hasn't had one and he seems like he's going to play a kind of "Prince Charming"? Which is probably why you say it seems cheesy? lol

How do you mean that Jaqen is supposed to be a ghost?

I love Arya, she is a favorite of mine, she has such a strong will and I like her relationship with The Lord Tyrant.

I didn't like at all that Osha slept with him because I've always viewed her as a strong female role and I feel like whenever women have sex in this show, they are "dehumanized" or are not shown as in bright a light. I did love how she slit that soldiers throat though!

I'm really interested in The Hound's interest in Sansa's safety. He's seemed to always have an eye on her and my opinion and in the preview for the next episode it seems that they will have a heart to heart? Any thoughts on that?

I also loved how he ripped the guys guts out that was going to rape Sansa!

I am not as big of a fan of the Kaleesi because she is too strong willed and not subtle enough about the intentions she has. I know she is supposed to be queen and all but she's very bossy and that will not get her the right attention.

I also enjoyed Rodriks death because I want to see Thions head cut off, lol.

The books and a far greater depth, background, history and development to characters. Definitely recommend them, though maybe try and keep the show and reading separate; first season was an impeccable translation, second is taking a few liberties with source material.

The romance seems cheesy as i'm not feeling any chemistry and it's really ham-fisted dialogue and meetings.

The castle they're in is meant to be haunted and the 2 deaths he gives Arya are made to look like accidents so people think the castle is haunted. The last episode, I believe, was called Ghost of Harrenhal. You'd think they'd be a bit more suspicious with someone killing their men, especially after one just chased Arya through the keep.

I don't like Osha and how she tilts her head when she speaks. HBO got to hit the nudity quota somehow though. My issue is what advantage she gained from it.

The Hound and Sansa have some nice moments, he's a fantastically grey character and Sansa is horrified by him but hides behind a wall of courtesy which he knows is lies and is offended by it. They've kind of dropped the ball on both characters, Sansa just seemed like a brat and now a brat getting punished.

Don't you worry, Theon's arc is probably one of my favourites in the books

The books and a far greater depth, background, history and development to characters. Definitely recommend them, though maybe try and keep the show and reading separate; first season was an impeccable translation, second is taking a few liberties with source material.

The romance seems cheesy as i'm not feeling any chemistry and it's really ham-fisted dialogue and meetings.

The castle they're in is meant to be haunted and the 2 deaths he gives Arya are made to look like accidents so people think the castle is haunted. The last episode, I believe, was called Ghost of Harrenhal. You'd think they'd be a bit more suspicious with someone killing their men, especially after one just chased Arya through the keep.

I don't like Osha and how she tilts her head when she speaks. HBO got to hit the nudity quota somehow though. My issue is what advantage she gained from it.

The Hound and Sansa have some nice moments, he's a fantastically grey character and Sansa is horrified by him but hides behind a wall of courtesy which he knows is lies and is offended by it. They've kind of dropped the ball on both characters, Sansa just seemed like a brat and now a brat getting punished.

Don't you worry, Theon's arc is probably one of my favourites in the books

What is a Nudity quota?

I personally think they put too much needless nudity in it because some scenes it feels it draws away from the story and I heard also that the books have none of that. Don't know if it's true or not, I just think the story is so great and it's a shame they feel they need all it.

I hope that Sansa has learned her lesson and hopefully she will learn to trust Tyrion.

They've added a few scenes for 'sexposition' but the books are just as bad at points, marriages involve the bride being stripped by guests etc. The quota is a jab at HBO.

I never understood that. I saw it in Helen of Troy but why would you want your new bride naked in front of others? That to me has always been terribly creepy lol.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Pyro, I've read all the books and you mentioned the end of ADWD....

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
I love Jon and I was extremely upset. But... if you compare the dire wolves to their counterparts, he has "Ghost." So what does that mean? Does he warg for a while and then return to his body after he has been healed? That assumes they don't finish the job. I would heartbroken if we had Jon all this time just to see him die like that.

I'm rather enjoying the second season but I've decided that the books are just too rich for any really great adaptation. They do rush the stories, etc., but its still a very enjoyable show.

I DID NOT like the whore scene with Joffrey though. I don't want the show to make me feel ill.

And well, I miss Sean Bean.

I DID NOT like the whore scene with Joffrey though. I don't want the show to make me feel ill.

And well, I miss Sean Bean.
I did. Well, not like, but I thought it was extremely powerful.

and me too!

I am burdened with glorious purpose
but what is it necessary? we didn't even see Tyrion's response other than a line before the crowd scene.

I can only guess that their desire was for the audience to understand just how bad Joffrey has been and that Littlefinger will hate him for it.

Does anyone else agree that was the reason? But couldn't it have been done differently? It was soooooo cruel.

but what is it necessary? we didn't even see Tyrion's response other than a line before the crowd scene.

I can only guess that their desire was for the audience to understand just how bad Joffrey has been and that Littlefinger will hate him for it.

Does anyone else agree that was the reason? But couldn't it have been done differently? It was soooooo cruel.
Yeah, I think they're just piling on with Joffrey at this point. Building up our hatred for him. That scene was exquisitely effective in that regard, and needed to be cruel enough to avoid being just another "Joffrey being a dick" moment.

I thought it was really stupid and that they really didn't need to put anymore emphasis on Joffrey being a spoiled brat with a fetish for violence. I think it was very unnecessary and that that scene could've done been focusing on another character, like Sarsai. In the last episode after her attack, she seemed to be more trusting of Tyrion's "whore/lover?" which confused me because when Sarsai initially met her, she wasn't very nice. It would have been nice if that was the type of scene that replaced the whore beating. Or AT LEAST see Tyrion hit Joffrey after it. I enjoy that part of their conversations.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Osha naked? I will never watch Harry Potter the same again!!!!

Got to see some Jaime Lannister action this episode, which was nice. Each time the kid got closer and closer I kept saying to my girlfriend....he's a dead man.

Suspect's Reviews