The "Lists Are Fun" Top 200 Films

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Love the Last Crusade, but I'm not a big fan of Troy.

How come you're only posting two at a time, yet minutes apart?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm still interested in what the 14 exact lists are and why you chose them compared to any and all others which are available. I also wonder why, specifically, it's a "Top 200".

How come you're only posting two at a time, yet minutes apart?
I sometimes have issues with losing connectivity. Doing two per post is less to fix if I lose a post.

Originally Posted by mark f
I'm still interested in what the 14 exact lists are and why you chose them compared to any and all others which are available. I also wonder why, specifically, it's a "Top 200".
I don't have all the lists in front of me right now, but I will list them eventually. They do include the 3 MoFo 100s and the 2 AFI 100 Years 100 Movies. And, as you can probably tell, the MovieGuide Top 100. They were chosen because they were ranked, static, published lists of 100. I didn't use unranked lists because I couldn't come up with a satisfactory scoring criteria. I didn't use constantly changing lists for just that reason - they constantly change. I didn't use bigger lists because I wanted each to be weighted the same. I picked 200 because I wanted it to be bigger than 100, but I didn't just want to list all 430+.

Really, I just like lists and thought this would be fun to do.

I sometimes have issues with losing connectivity. Doing two per post is less to fix if I lose a post..
I know what you mean

The Green Mile and Alien are both good choices but I personally feel they should be switched. Alien was overall a better film imo. But good list so far