Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

Oh, so it is Kasich's fault that not just Cruz dropped out, but Rubio also, who couldn't even win his own state.

Oh, so it is Kasich's fault that not just Cruz dropped out, but Rubio also, who couldn't even win his own state.
Yeah, nobody said this. It's a straw man. And even if it wasn't, we're talking about a counterfactual where he drops out much earlier, which means the race unfolds differently (especially after New Hampshire).

It's obvious that Trump won in large part because the field was highly fractured. No one candidate is responsible for this collective problem, but any candidate who stayed in despite an especially weak chance of winning, and who directly damaged the candidates most likely to, is disproportionately to blame.

any candidate who stayed in despite an especially weak chance of winning
Who do you think fits into this definition other than Kasich just out of interest? Ben Carson, Rubio? Any Others?

I'm just wondering not disagreeing with your points.

Carson's the only other one who stands out, I think.

Most of the candidates with little chance dropped out quick. Most of the candidates who stuck around had at least a plausible path to victory, or only stayed in a little past that point. Kasich hit the spoiler sweet spot: not enough support to win, but still enough to hurt others who might have.

In terms of blame allocation unrelated to staying in, though, you'd have to put Jeb Bush right up there. He sucked up a ton of early money and a decent number of endorsements, and spent something like $60 million attacking Rubio. But he, at least, had the grace to leave at pretty much exactly the point where he could no longer make a case for victory, right after South Carolina.

Hm, yeah I bet he'll pick Ben Carson. I like Carson. He has a legitimacy and authenticity that Trump desperately needs to be seen around.

I was saying Ben Carson stands out as an example of another person who stayed in longer than they had any legitimate reason to. I don't think he'll pick him as VP.

No chance he'll pick Carson. I doubt he'll pick anyone who was running for president this election, think it will probably be Newt or Allen West if he accepts.

Any comment on the prospect of the "self-funded" guy making you pay for his campaign?
It appears to me that if you don't care about the giant amount of flip flops he has made so far, you probably don't care about that either. If people are still intent on voting for him then nothing will turn them off.

I guess at least you guys get to choose who is your president. We just get to vote for a party and whoever they want is who we get.

It appears to me that if you don't care about the giant amount of flip flops he has made so far, you probably don't care about that either.
Say what you want about Yoda's views, but this is so off base. I mean please ask me what i think that would make a whole lot more sense, apparently this is and yeah,,,

Please no, not Mittens! But SC why are you supporting conservative candidates? Got a 7 figure bank roll or something? Seriously why?
Let's just say that the idea that I'm "supposed" to always vote Democrat really bothers me. Especially when Democrats are sometimes into things that I'm not cool with. In 2012, that was ObamaCare.

It's a shame we're not looking forward to a second term for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.
I dislike Paul Ryan more than Trump, Hilary, Bernie, etc. Quite liked Mitt though, i have no doubt i'd be saying he's an awful President right now if he was elected though. The first Mitt-Obama debate made me think i'd personally rather Mitt as president. I just felt sick after the second one and didn't follow the election anymore.

Let's just say that the idea that I'm "supposed" to always vote Democrat really bothers me. Especially when Democrats are sometimes into things that I'm not cool with. In 2012, that was ObamaCare.
I think i've noticed that with LGBT and minorities, must be annoying getting told who you are voting for by the media.

I think i've noticed that with LGBT and minorities, must be annoying getting told who you are voting for by the media.
You're practically seen as full blown nuts if you're against anything big LGBT groups support. When I told another gay person I know that I supported Romney and not Obama, his first words to me were, "You... have... LOST IT."

I'm not into all the really hardcore Republicans, though. My dislike of Cruz was largely fueled by how anti-gay I felt he was.