Movie everyone loved but YOU hated?

Tools    

I'd say the new Star Trek flick... although I didn't really hate it. I just think it was very "meh".

It may not had earned alot of praise from critics but all my mates loved Hancock I loathed that film Will Smith and Charlize Theron were terrible and the worst thing was i enjoyed the beginning but it became so absurd and boring from there on

It may not had earned alot of praise from critics but all my mates loved Hancock I loathed that film Will Smith and Charlize Theron were terrible and the worst thing was i enjoyed the beginning but it became so absurd and boring from there on
Yeah, to me it didn't feel like a whole movie, just a concept for a movie; "what if Superman was an abusive alcoholic". Plus the lack of a true villain left it feeling anticlimactic. Perhaps if the whole "fate" angle was scrapped, I could have bought into it as a superhero parody.

...uh the post is up there...

Hmmm....for me, it's too many. >.<
But if I had to choose...probably either Twilight or The Dark Night.

The Lord of the Rings

A system of cells interlinked
Well, Twilight is crap, and lots of people hated it. As far as The Dark Knight is concerned... You are definitely in a small minority of people that didn't like it.

Say.... Didn't you just post this when the movie hit....

I went and saw Twilight Sunday. I was actually impressed with it, I mean I knew it would be good, but it was awesome.
I really enjoyed the book series too, I'm not really a romance fan, but I really felt moved by the storyline.
But I'm still a die-hard Harry Potter fan.
So...which is it - Is it awesome, or do you not like it because everyone else does (even though we don't)?

Mig
Others might take the Kubrick approach and say that film is about feeling/visual/charcters and that story is an afterthought. I just dont buy into all that
I want to call you a dolt, but maybe that's being a douchebag, afterall it's just a movie discussion, but most if not all of Kubrick's plots are quite moralistic, his stories caried a point, they were not just conveinient excuses for him to show off his unique style or characters.

I'm honestly baffled that you would consider the plot of A Clockwork Orange weak, I think it's Shakespeare like stuff, absolutely fantastic.

I hated Pirates Of The Caribean, I remember watching it with low expectations and being somewhat entertained, but around the point where Sparrow was fighting the captain in a long sword fight for no reason at all seeing as both were immortal, well at that point I was beginning to find my self kinda bored.

I thought it was abysmal but nothing terrible, then everyone raved about how good it was and how original it was for featuring pirates, how it was Johnny Depp's crowning moment (when really I think he came off a bit too theatrical and less enjoyable than usual)...

So it got to where I kinda hated the movie, though I'm hard pressed to think of any movie I truely hate, aside from the newer Star Wars movies, but emotions are pretty mixed on those so I don't think they quite fit.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along?"

- Rodney King

There have been so many times that I wanted to make fun of somebody's reaction to a movie, and I guess I do sometimes (a$$hole, moi), but usually I don't do it. When the person expresses enough opinions and is over a certain age, maybe I'll do it, as constructively as possible (I still do that), but when there's no point, what's the point?

Banned from Hollywood.
The part I really hated though was when ET causes that pack of kids on their bikes to fly. If he had anti-gravity powers that allowed him to fly, why was he running through the forrest to get back to his ship at the start of the film. He could have just soared above the treetops and made it back before the saucer took off. Apparently ET was the Gomer Pyle of his planet.

Well i guess that's probably because he had the power to make others fly. but not himself..makes little sense if you think about it. . A great script, a great movie , etc.. unfortunately it seems that there isnt a lot of backstory to the ET character though and that's a shame. Personally i loved the movie growing up as much as i loved the Star Wars movies.Still tuches a nerve today.

Banned from Hollywood.
I couldnt understand all the praise for Brokeback Mountain , other than that it appealed to a lot of gay audiences,, nothing special...A simple, seen-before-many--times, cliched love story..The acting was good, but as a whole i thought the movie was rather so-so.

Also everyone seems to love those rush hour movies. They're not even funny and the acting was horrible.

Welcome to the human race...
I couldnt understand all the praise for Brokeback Mountain , other than that it appealed to a lot of gay audiences,, nothing special...A simple, seen-before-many--times, cliched love story..The acting was good, but as a whole i thought the movie was rather so-so.

Also everyone seems to love those rush hour movies. They're not even funny and the acting was horrible.
That first comment seems rather narrow-minded to me. Sure, Brokeback Mountain appealed to "a lot of gay audiences", but you know it appealed to a predominantly straight audience as well, as evidenced by its commercial and critical success. Gay people simply don't have the numbers to make a movie that big a success by themselves.

So, what if E.T. was gay and hit on Eliot because he didn't know any better? I realize that our world still isn't ready for it, but just think about it. It's a totally asexual, yet unconditional love story. Some of you guys really need to cut E.T. some flippin' slack.

E.T. is an interplanetary tranny. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I don't think that Requiem For a Dream is a complete waste of time. It does have some good acting and is decent in most all technical attributes, but I agree that I can't understand why people think it's all that significant.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I don't think that Requiem For a Dream is a complete waste of time. It does have some good acting and is decent in most all technical attributes, but I agree that I can't understand why people think it's all that significant.
Complete waste of time is probably a stretch. Burstyn wasn't a waste of time.

But the repetitive nature of the film and other eye rolling attempts at depth are a waste of time LOL

Banned from Hollywood.

More like..THE greatest movie of this decade...It's all about addiction in any form...totally significant in our days..Hubert Selby Jr who wrote the novel is a great writer. and knew what he was talking about when he published the book in 1978.....

the acting is great. the music is mind blowing. the images are magnificent....Aronofsky's greatest achievment.

More like..THE greatest movie of this decade...It's all about addiction in any form...totally significant in our days..Hubert Selby Jr who wrote the novel is a great writer. and knew what he was talking about when he published the book in 1978.....

the acting is great. the music is mind blowing. the images are magnificent....Aronofsky's greatest achievment.

Gotta disagree, kid. Specially with the 'greatest achievement' tag. It's an alright film and it has a couple of emotionally charged scenes, but it does often come across as preachy, pompus and a bit up it's own bottom. I also don't like the editing. It's just far too tentative, choppy and just seems a bit too amateur. If it was a debut I would give it a bit more praise, but this was his 2nd film and, I dunno..maybe I would be less harsh on it if it wasn't so uanimously praised. It's like that came out and all of a sudden Aronofsky was being hailed as the next Martin Scorsese.

The Wrestler is by far my favourite film of his. THAT film was an ahievement.

Well, Twilight is crap, and lots of people hated it. As far as The Dark Knight is concerned... You are definitely in a small minority of people that didn't like it.

Say.... Didn't you just post this when the movie hit....

So...which is it - Is it awesome, or do you not like it because everyone else does (even though we don't)?
OWNED OWNED OWNED. I love it..

Reminded me of conversations I had as a teenager:

It wasn't 'fresh' (read René Descartes... and Lewis Carroll), it wasn't particularly imaginitive and I think for the most part it confused itself.