What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Yet to see either, so looking forwards to both. Got the Rise of the Planet of the Apes in the black Friday sales over in America, so that was rather nice.

Okay I am not a big consumer of a lot of the New Golden Age of TV series. Never saw some of the more recent TV phenomena like Lost, Mad Men, and House of Cards and I have seen very little of show like The Sopranos and Breaking Bad, but did not continue watching the show. I saw the first Season of The Walking Dead and I stopped watching because I got into the comics.

But I have heard nothing but good things about Game of Thrones, and after seeing the three episode arc of Black Friday, A Song of Ass and Fire, and T***** and Dragons on South Park, I decided to give the show a shot. So I ordered the first season. Hope it is good.

Gooble gobble, one of us!

Okay I am not a big consumer of a lot of the New Golden Age of TV series. Never saw some of the more recent TV phenomena like Lost, Mad Men, and House of Cards and I have seen very little of show like The Sopranos and Breaking Bad, but did not continue watching the show. I saw the first Season of The Walking Dead and I stopped watching because I got into the comics.

But I have heard nothing but good things about Game of Thrones, and after seeing the three episode arc of Black Friday, A Song of Ass and Fire, and T***** and Dragons on South Park, I decided to give the show a shot. So I ordered the first season. Hope it is good.
It's very good! And it gets better by each season.

Firefly (2002) - Amazon (2nd hand) €6
Have Serenity and both of us enjoyed it, never seen the series that spawned it so this'll be a little bonus Christmas treat for herself and I.

Firefly (2002) - Amazon (2nd hand) €6
Have Serenity and both of us enjoyed it, never seen the series that spawned it so this'll be a little bonus Christmas treat for herself and I.
Enjoy! I love the series and the movie.

Enjoy! I love the series and the movie.
Thanks, looking forward to it and enjoy GOT yourself - have S1 & S2 and they are very good, now waiting for S3 to come down to a more reasonable price before picking that up.

Run Lola Run (1998) €3.25 Amazon (2nd hand)

Saw this years ago 'auf Deutsch' (in other words without subtitles) and despite only being able to pick up pieces of the dialogue enjoyed it .... looking forward to finding out sometime whether it's (a) stood the test of time and (b) more or less enjoyable with subtitles.

I only buy physical media if the price is crazy good and the movie is something I feel like I can rewatch many times...

Therefore I couldn' say no to the Complete Pixar Collection on Blu-ray for only £49.49 or about $78!