Recommend me an animated film

Tools    

I second Persepolis.

My favorite in the past bunch of years is Waltz with Bashir...

I quite enjoyed Linklater's Waking Life, though others find it pretentious nonsense. You can watch it and be the judge...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wes Anderson's stop-motion adaptation of Fantastic Mr. Fox rolls my socks up and down. LOVE this movie...

A Town Called Panic is a Belgium import that is anarchic and wonderful...

And I hope you are well acquainted with the adventures of Wallace & Gromit, from the shorts to The Curse of the Were-Rabbit...

And they are the same people responsible for Chicken Run...

Just thought of one - The Brave Little Toaster. I saw it when I was a kid a few times and it really stuck with me. It's about a group of left-behind appliances who go on a journey to find their former owner. It sounds like a far-fetched concept but the way they did it was very touching. Also, it has some good original songs in it.

Also, The Thief and the Cobbler - it's a strange but impressively-animated film. Be sure to watch the version that was cut together as it was originally intended. Search for "The Thief and The Cobbler Original Cut - Full Length!" on YouTube (this site won't let me post links yet)

Some interesting suggestions made here, although I won't have anything to do with anything in the animation format of Wallace and Gromit. That animation has always sickened me.

@Cadra, you mentioned Brave Little Toaster, but that too is a Disney film, so I have seen it. It's okay, but not great. I've also seen the thief and the Cobbler, both versions and found the one you mentioned to be alright. It looks good but I've seen better.

Some interesting suggestions made here, although I won't have anything to do with anything in the animation format of Wallace and Gromit. That animation has always sickened me.
Do you mean claymation/stop motion animation in general or just the Aardman brand of it?

Either way, you're missing out.

Do you mean claymation/stop motion animation in general or just the Aardman brand of it?

Either way, you're missing out.
Just their brand of it. I'm a huge fan of Movies like Coraline and The Nightmare before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach and so on. I've seen a few of Aardman's works like Chicken Run and one Wallace and Gromit something or other but they just don't appeal to me at all. I really liked Arthur Christmas though. I wish they'd do more movies like that.