Favorite Movies Option

Tools    

Well, as some of you have surely noticed already, there is now a "Favorite Movies" link on every post. When clicked, it will produce a dropdown list of that user's favorite movies -- provided they've chosen to list them. Everyone can do so (up to 10 total) here:

http://www.movieforums.com/community/favorites.php

In addition to appearing on every post, each user's list of favorite movies will appear on their profile, as well. You can return to the page above to edit your movies at any time, and the changes will be reflected on your profile and all of your posts instantaneously.

Longtime MoFos will remember a similar feature years ago that worked for awhile, then got a little buggy, and eventually disappeared. This is essentially the same idea. Hope you dig it.

In fact, I'm going to have to insist that you dig it; the spot normally reserved for one of the site's random slogans on the forum home page (just above the "X number of posts since your last visit" line) will display a reminder to choose your favorites for every user who hasn't yet done so. That's right: I've created a program which will nag you into liking this feature.

This should help new members further introduce themselves, and allow MoFos -- new or otherwise -- to get a sense of each other's tastes, so as to more effectively mock their opinions.

Enjoy!

Nice addition.

You ready? You look ready.
Very good add. Glad it was easy for you to do.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Wasn't there a similar function on an older version of the board? Or am I imagining it?

Anyway, glad to see it's back.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Wasn't there a similar function on an older version of the board? Or am I imagining it?
Sure was:

Originally Posted by Me, in the first post of the thread
Longtime MoFos will remember a similar feature years ago that worked for awhile, then got a little buggy, and eventually disappeared. This is essentially the same idea.
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Anyway, glad to see it's back.
Me too, kemopadre. Me too.

A system of cells interlinked
Good work, Chris!

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Aaargh. I'm going to have to think of a Top 10 now...

Lets put a smile on that block
I LOVE THIS.

Plus surely this will help BobbyB compile the MOFO top 100?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Coolness....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Great idea, I will try it again.

For some reason I can't get this option to work. What is happening is whenever I type in all ten of my movies and hit the done button all the movies disappear.

For some reason I can't get this option to work. What is happening is whenever I type in all ten of my movies and hit the done button all the movies disappear.
We've been having a few issues, as we recently upgraded our forum software. We've started a thread to report and discuss them here:

Forum software upgraded

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm doing my best to track the problem down, though it's a bit baffling so far, as I've been unable to reproduce it on my end.

UPDATE: now, all favorite movies (both on users' posts and on their profiles) are clickable, with each bringing up a search results page listing the other users who have that movie on their favorites list, along with the ranking they gave it, and the average ranking of those users.

Example: Goodfellas.

Actually, yes it is. At first glance, I thought it was like the post links on a few other boards, where it takes you to sites about the movie, where to buy the movie, etc . . . This is neat. An easy way to see how opinions compare. I doubt anyone shares what will be on my top ten list, but that is beside the point.

I love it Yods I like to see what people have chosen. It makes me want to change mine now