Quote of the Day

Tools    

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them! - Friedrich Nietzsche

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries. - A. A. Milne

To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable. - Oscar Wilde

"Learning from experience is a faculty almost never practiced."
Barbara Tuchman

"Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other."
Benjamin Franklin

"Never, "for the sake of peace and quiet," deny your own experience or convictions."
Dag Hammarskjold

You're a Genius all the time
"Aaron Burr? Fool couldn't shoot fish in a barrel. That English d-bag couldn't hit the broadest side of my ass with a cannon. I'm on the ten dollar bill, mother ****er, you think I'm scared of Aaron Burr? I'm Alexander Hamilton. Alexander ****ing Hamilton. Now hand me my gun." - Alexander Hamilton

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

- Albert Camus
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

You want to post like me?
"And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love... these are what we stay alive for."

- Robbin Williams as John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"I didn't like the play, but then I saw it under adverse conditions - the curtain was up."

"I have a mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it."

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."

- Groucho Marx

Silence, they say, is the voice of complicity.
But silence is impossible.
Silence screams.
Silence is a message,
just as doing nothing is an act.
Let who you are ring out & resonate
in every word & every deed.
Yes, become who you are.
There's no sidestepping your own being
or your own responsibility.
What you do is who you are.
You are your own comeuppance.
You become your own message.
You are the message.

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse

~ Leonard Peltier ~

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"I dream for a living." - Steven Spielberg

"Always do what you are afraid to do." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Self-esteem is the reputation we acquire with ourselves. - Nathaniel Branden

There are no whole truths; all truths are half- truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil. - Alfred North Whitehead

It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. - Douglas Adams

"I was very immature when I was young, and for me there was no balance. Everything was just all or nothing."

"Years ago I realized that maybe I made mistakes, politically, when I turned a lot of that stuff down. I would go off to obscure places and make movies that six people went to see."

"All I am hoping for is to be able to work. I think my best work is still ahead of me. I think all that I have been through in the last several years has only made me a better, more-interesting actor."

"I always knew I'd accomplish something very special, like robbing a bank perhaps."

- Mickey Rourke

"I live cinema. I chose the cinema when I was very young, 16 years old, and from then on my memories virtually coincide with the history of the cinema. I'm not a director with a personal style [mafo-HA!], I am simply cinema. I have grown up with and through cinema; everything that I've had in the way of education has been through the cinema; insofar as I'm interested in images, in books, in music, it's all due to the cinema."

"I got my first assignment as a director in 1927. I was slim, arrogant, intelligent, foolish, shy, cocksure, dreamy and irritating. Today [in 1987], I'm no longer slim."

"Of course, all films are surrealist. They are because they are making something that looks like a real world but isn't."

"[Disney] was one of the great innovators of film. One of the things I liked was when talkies came in, a lot of the timing of silent films went out of the window, and nobody made those marvelous slapstick comedies anymore because there were only verbal jokes. But Disney kept on making those wonderful cartoons for at least another ten years so he kept the whole idea of film comedy and narrative through image alive. People don't realize that they owe an enormous lot to him."

- The One and Only Michael Powell

The People's Republic of Clogher
"What's all this fuss about America getting a black President? Zimbabwe has had one for years, and he's been sh*t." - From a letter in Viz.

If you don't know Viz, this is satire at its broadest. I think that's all bases covered.

You want to post like me?
"Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace."

- Norman Reedus as Murphy McManus, The Boondock Saints.

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it.

Clarence Darrow

"A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."

"Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor."

- Benjamin Franklin

Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has. Out of pain and problems have come the sweetest songs, and the most gripping stories. ~ Billy Graham