Prometheus - Ridley Scott’s Prequel to Alien

Tools    

PG-13....

This is the first news to sort of hamper my excitement for this film. Bummer man.
I beg to differ, sonny jim.

Prometheus will receive an R rating
Expect gore from Ridley Scott's latest
May 7th 2012By George Wales

Prometheus will be rated R, according to Collider, who've got their hands upon a pre-sale ticket stub promising the kind of adult entertainment that made Alien such a nerve-jangling success.

Fox have always maintained that the film would not be tinkered with in order to achieve a broader certificate, and it would appear that they've been as good as their word if that little "R" on the stub is to be believed.

"I can assure the fans absolutely they can take it that the film will not be compromised either way," said Fox CEO Tom Rothman last month. "So if that means that the film is R, then it’ll be an R. If it’s PG-13, then it’ll be a PG-13. But it will not be compromised."

To be honest, having seen the latest trailer, the certification shouldn't come as much of a surprise. We're thinking of one scene in particular in which a crew members's helmet-clad head appears to collapse in on itself in an ashy mess… it didn't look PG-13 to us!

Prometheus will open in the UK on 1 June 2012. Not long to go now until Sir Ridley puts us through the mill all over again...
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/promet...ve-an-r-rating

A system of cells interlinked
Ah, excellent news. I was hoping it was just a rumor, because it seemed pretty daft slapping a PG-13 on it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Wasn't Alien rated PG ?
Maybe in Bizzaro world.

Here is photo evidence!!!!

Suspect's Reviews

Wasn't Alien rated PG ?
Welcome back, meats!!! Long time no see.

Alien was an 18 in the UK on it's release, mate. It was rated R in the states.

Note: Ridley has the habit of releasing a Director's cut on DVD, which often adds a lot more to his movies. The movie, I expect, will be great. The DVD will be better.

I think Prometheus looks very entertaining and creepy! I love those scary make you jump noises in movies and it looks like it will be full of them! The story also sounds great, even though it feels its a reoccurring story nowadays!

There is a new TV spot out at the moment and apparently it gives a big thing away that has just been glimpsed in the other trailers/tv spots. So don't view it if you come across it online/television if you don't want to know. Comes in about 40ish seconds into the tv spot below:

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
The thing i'm probably looking forward to most is Michael Fassbender as an android. Also Ridley Scott doing what he does best.

I'm looking forward to Fassbinder also. For some reason, he reminds me of the late John Phillip Law, who starred in Barbarella and The Hawaiians among other films from the late '60s and early '70s. Even though it's the future, Fassbinder reminds me of someone from the movie past.

I"m surprised nobody's posted the latest viral video from Fox's advertising campaign. It features Noomi Rapace, which is a very good thing, as she is being (it appears) spied on by a computer which is doing who-knows-what. But watch the left image of Noomi and the things going on. Pretty creepy!

I'm looking forward to this. The hot Charlize will end up saving the day...lets have a bet?

Apparently she is a
WARNING: "Promo" spoilers below
minor role. She said this in one interview about the film: “I’d rather be a smaller character in a great film than the lead in a shítty movie.”