First Update From Kently!

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hola again,
Went to Chicago yesterday, ate at the Hard Rock and went to the Aquarium and whatnot, nice town, lots of people asking for money though...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Wow, $10 hamburgers and $8 beers under framed sunglasses worn by the Cop in The Village People. That DOES sound like an ambitious undertaking before one dies.

Me, I'd have to actually be dead before I'd be caught in one of those joints.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally posted by Holden Pike
Wow, $10 hamburgers and $8 beers under framed sunglasses worn by the Cop in The Village People. That DOES sound like an ambitious undertaking before one dies.

Me, I'd have to actually be dead before I'd be caught in one of those joints.
Pfft. It's fun. I went to Planet Hollywood out in Las Vegas and had a ball. Great hamburgers, and some wicked cherry soda (much better than the stuff you buy at the grocery store). Besides...if you time it right, you could be in for quite the thrill. Turns out I missed Ah-nuld by about a week.

geez Holden THINK about it, im an Aussie living in a small country town, where the two biggest tourist attractions are holes (literally), Hard Rock Cafe (which has appeared in many movies) sounds like excitement central to me!! another thing that is sad but true.

geez Holden THINK about it...
Geez, man, think about it:

There's a hard rock cafe in almost every major city in the world it's not like you're never going to get a chance to eat there. One day I want to see a real live McDonalds...

Exactly. If you're in Chicago or Manhattan or San Francisco or wherever and out of all the myriad of restaurant choices you could make you choose any chain or theme joint, that's just a complete and total waste in my eyes. In Chicago specifically there must be at least fifty authentic, honest to God Blues bars or places where Capone slurped pasta, so why on Earth would one go to a chain with pretend history and atmosphere?

And what movies has The Hard Rock Cafe been feautred in, exactly, apart from the giant guitar getting clipped at the end of Con Air? Josie & the Pussycats perhaps? While in The Windy City some might have found it fun to track down the eatery where Ferris bluffed his way in as the Sausage King of Chicago, or where Jake and Elwood purposefully embarassed Mr. Fabulous until he agreed to go on the road with 'em. But perhaps The Hard Rock, Chicago has the same sort of movie trivia pedigre and I'm simply not aware of it?

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. Hope they have the T-shirts in your size when you go, that is if the excitement of being in an actual Hard Rock Cafe hasn't already given you a coronary.

...so why on Earth would one go to a chain with pretend history and atmosphere?
The history may be pretend (well, actually, I don't think they're trying to "fake" any sort of history), but the atmosphere isn't, really. They're fun places to hang out...and, in the case of Planet Hollywood, places that celebrities frequent that also happen to serve damn good food.

But if you're content with something else, by all means, skip over it and move on to something else. Me? I'll be enjoying my giant hamburger, keeping an eye out for Ah-nuld and enjoying the view of a big, wax, naked, frozen Sly Stallone.

While in The Windy City some might have found it fun to track down the eatery where Ferris bluffed his way in as the Sausage King of Chicago
I would love to find that place, Ferris Bueller was on my mind the entire day we were in Chicago...

And the only reason we ate at Hard Rock was sheer convience, we had right there around us, where we got dropped off, a McDonalds, Rainforest Cafe, and the Hard Rock...so out of the three, we chose Hard Rock.

Anywho, here's another update, I'll be getting a new email address shortly, so I'll post it on here so you can keep in touch with me.

Later,
Kent

Another update from Mr. Kently:

Hey Chris,
What's going on back in the states? Currently my location can't be given to
you, but I can tell you that I made it to Japan safely. I just thought I
would slip you this quick email to let you know what was going on. I will
talk to you later man.

Your friendly neighborhood spud,
Kent
Just thought I'd share that with ya'll.

Good to hear from you, Spudly. As for the Hard Rock Cafe discussion:

If you can't make it to the Hard Rock Cafe, you HAVE to see The Strip in Las Vegas. It really is amazing to come down on it at night in a plane after seeing nothing but could and few lights below. It's absolutely awesome, considering I live on the other side of America, where there are absolutely no light spectacles. We do have Primanti's Brothers' though, so it evens out.

Hey everyone.

Currently, I'm back in Japan for the month of December for Holiday Standown. So far, I've been to Okinawa and Hong Kong (very cool places). While in Hong Kong, a few people ran into Jackie Chan and he even made an appearance on the Kitty Hawk (lucky bastards).

If you don't have my email here it is:

[email protected]

Gotta run now, later.

My life isn't written very well.
Glad to hear your back! I'm sorta new here, but am familiar with your posts/threads. Anyway, I'm glad you're safe and enjoy your leave !

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I'm not on leave, I'm working. Well sorta. I'm on liberty right now, I'll be working Sunday though. It's really confusin how this whole thing works.

Hey yo,

Here's a little picture my girlfriend over here sent me from her phone (yes that's right, cell phones over here take pictures, and it's f*ckin cool).