The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

just been reading now that Tom has till may to get up to 13 and a half to 14 stone, he claims hes 12 stone now. hes looking very bulky already (steroids maybe).

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
No, have you seen Bronson? He was bulky there. If Bale can go from skinny to bulky for a role, why can't Hardy?

Suspect's Reviews

because three monthes to put 2 stone of solid muscle on doesnt happen mate.

Hardy also stated that he gained 2 and a half stone of the the 3 stone he put on in bronson in just 5 weeks, by doing 2500 push-ups a day lol.

batman is always quality

I see no reason to be put off by it if they're right for the parts. Lots of directors have certain actors they just like to work with. That's why guys like Frank Capra, Alfred Hitchcock and John Ford used the same actors in multiple films. Tim Burton likes Johnny Depp. Steven Spielberg likes Tom Hanks. I don't see it as a concern.
Yeah, directors using the same actors- sure, that's cool. Yeah Depp and Burton, it's becoming a bit tacky but Depp is a good character actor, Scorsese and Leo/De Niro - both take on deep and individual roles. I liked the fact Tom Hardy was cast, I liked JGL being cast because I think he's a fantastic actor. But 3 actors all from a recent blockbuster is going to make TDKR very reminiscent of Inception. Have to hope that they can transform their characters and avoid mirroring

No Mark! First we give them the reboot option! if they fail then...death!

seriously though i don't think that the characters or how the actors portray them would mirror Inception, that's a pretty big concept difference: Batman & Inception so i'm sure they'll "transform" out of their Inception perception Pyro.... What will be mirrored is the cinematography of Inception and TDK and then some...

Yeah, it just feels like a travelling troupe of actors, whatever the change there's too many to avoid separating them from the previous play. And there maybe a concept difference but it's still crime/thriller essentially and the combination of all of them is just a tad too close for me and brings too many expectations/similarities. It's like watching the same people just in different situation

Semper Fooey
I don't think it is a good idea to be using the same actors back to back in a thriller. In comedy there is no problem, like Preston Sturges using certain actors a lot like William Demerest.

i'm a little sad... i thought Joseph Gordon-Levitt was going to be in the movie. i thought Nolan was grooming him for something bigger based on Inception.

How so, chipper? It's not like he had much acting to do in the film. Or do you just mean his inclusion in the film?
I have to agree with you on the acting, there wasn't much there for him but he had coolest scenes there like the zero gravity fight scenes. he even had the girl.

i thought nolan was intentionally giving him those little grand moments to prepare him for bigger movies like the next Batman.

when word came around that the next villain will be The Riddler, i thought JGL was perfect for it.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
because three monthes to put 2 stone of solid muscle on doesnt happen mate.

Hardy also stated that he gained 2 and a half stone of the the 3 stone he put on in bronson in just 5 weeks, by doing 2500 push-ups a day lol.
I havent watched a ufc in the uk in a while, whats the stone to 100lb conversion?

im 250 lbs how many stone is that?

yep and the body can put on 2 pounds of solid muscle a month at most.

Gordon-Levitt Is Alberto Falcone In "Knight"

With the news on Friday that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is set to re-team with his "Inception" director Christopher Nolan on "The Dark Knight Rises," the question then became what character would he play.

Well that mystery seems to have been sold with Variety reporting that the actor is set to play Alberto Falcone, the son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) from "Batman Begins".

In the comics, Alberto Falcone is also known as the serial killer 'Holiday' - a key character in "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory" comic storyline which were a big influence on Nolan's "Batman" films.

The move also brings the film trilogy full circle. Rumors of an element from 'Begins' coming back in to play here led to speculation that Marion Cotillard's role would be that of Talia al Ghul, the daughter of Ra's al Ghul (Liam Neeson). Instead, they've chosen the son of one of the other three villains from 'Begins'. Gordon-Levitt as Falcone first emerged as a possibility back in early February.

The inclusion of Bane, Catwoman and Alberto Falcone means it's unlikely we'll see any other characters from Batman's roster of bad guys make an appearance beyond possible cameos like Mr. Zsasz in 'Begins' and The Scarecrow in "The Dark Knight".
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/199...one-in-knight-

Semper Fooey
I can't get straight what are facts and and what are rumors. I thought it was fact Talia would be in the movie. I am glad she won't be in it. That means the report Catwoman would not be a villain is probably not completely true either. My guess is like usual she will go back and forth.

just been reading now that Tom has till may to get up to 13 and a half to 14 stone, he claims hes 12 stone now. hes looking very bulky already (steroids maybe).

I'm no expert on extreme weight gaining, but a buddy of mine who's 6'1 weighed about 160 lbs around 2 months ago. He told me he was tired of looking skinny and wanted to pack weight. He drank about 4 liters of milk a day and ate lots of lean meat and veggies, fish, almonds, fish oil, lots and lots of tuna and obscene amounts of eggs. It's about getting in essential protein and fats, as these are corner stones for your body. Kid now weighs 190 lbs and has cut back on his eating about a week ago.

Hardy's goal is just to pack weight, not 25 lbs of muscles. The dude definitely has lots of body fat on him from what I can see. It's definitely possible to pack the weight by May and still look reasonably good. His neck and shoulders are weirdly developed though.

Gordon-Levitt's 'Dark Knight' role revealed
UPDATE: Actor tipped to play Alberto Falcone a.k.a. The Holiday Killer

By JEFF SNEIDER

Now that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is set to reteam with his "Inception" director Christopher Nolan on "The Dark Knight Rises," insiders tell Variety that Gordon-Levitt will play Alberto Falcone, the son of Mafia chieftain Carmine Falcone, the character Tom Wilkinson played in "Batman Begins."
Alberto Falcone, who is also known as the Holiday Killer, would bring Nolan's superhero trilogy full circle. The character fits with the helmer's stated desire for continuity and preference to pit Bruce Wayne against "realistic" villains, as opposed to cartoonish nemeses such as Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy, whom Batman battled in Joel Schumacher's 1997 misfire "Batman and Robin."

While Nolan has elected to keep fans in the dark -- for now -- it's known that Juno Temple is being eyed for a supporting role as a street-smart Gotham girl.

Warner Bros. and reps for both thesps declined to comment on casting and character rumors.

source:http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118034129