What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better" by the Byrds

&feature=related

I'm posting this for four reasons.

1. I love the song.
2. They're doing it live.
3. This is for my students who ask me, "How do you dance to that kind of music?"
4. I've never really thought that Gene Clark and Feargal Sharkey resembled each other so I'm getting weirded out (even if Gene was beefy [check out the singer's neck] and Feargal was skinny).

EDIT: No go-go dancers were hurt in the filming of this.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
WARNING: Old fogey language follows: I really wanted to post a video of "Dixie Drug Store", one of my fave songs about New Orleans, from Grant Lee Buffalo's debut album, but I was perturbed to find that the only video Youtube has is a flippin' cover. So, I will post the lyrics to "Dixie Drug Store" at the lyrics thread, and I'll post an equally wonderful song from Fuzzy here.

"Jupiter and Teardrop" by Grant Lee Buffalo (too bad it's not an official band video, but they didn't do one for that either... razzafrazza... )

Theres A Light That Never goes Out ~ The Smiths

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Curve - Fait Accompli

Their last great single, I think. The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and all that...

The People's Republic of Clogher
Grace Jones turns 60 on Monday...

A scary woman, but one of the most fantastic-looking of her age. Slave to the Rhythm is still damnably good, too.

Edit - I was looking around for a clip of Grace slapping poor old Russell Harty on his chat show when I found this, totally unrelated, bit of pop fluff.

I had a massive crush on Kate Bush when I was a kid. I still do.

fbi
/watch?v=dXcyD0WKdyU&feature=related

new kids on the block new song summertime is nice

fbi
hmmm, im having trouble with the youtube stuff.

You Don't know by Eminem