Who are some acclaimed directors you can't get into?

Tools    

what have you seen by these two?
Admittedly the only Lynch I've finished is Mulholland Drive, but it took me a couple of tries to get through it. I've tried and failed to finish Eraserhead. I may or may not try again.

Kubrick I've seen Spartacus, Dr. Strangelove, and A Clockwork Orange and I've hated all three. I intend to give 2001 and maybe Lolita a go for the 60s list, but my hopes aren't high.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Well, Spartacus is a bad example... He wasn't in it since the beggining so there are a lot of stuff that you wouldn't find in another Kubrick's movie!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Fellini.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Well, Spartacus is a bad example... He wasn't in it since the beggining so there are a lot of stuff that you wouldn't find in another Kubrick's movie!
And what's the excuse for Strangelove and Clockwork Orange?

Well, when you don't like, you don't like! They are both in my top 10, I can't find nothing wrong with them! :P
The only Kubrick films I have seen are Spartacus, Strangelove and Shining and I'll give them all a

Admittedly the only Lynch I've finished is Mulholland Drive, but it took me a couple of tries to get through it. I've tried and failed to finish Eraserhead. I may or may not try again.

Kubrick I've seen Spartacus, Dr. Strangelove, and A Clockwork Orange and I've hated all three. I intend to give 2001 and maybe Lolita a go for the 60s list, but my hopes aren't high.
Then you shouldn't really consider those two directors as two that you can't get into, especially Lynch, since you've only seen one of his films. You could end up loving Blue Velvet for instance, who knows. Or Elephant Man, or The Straight Story... all very different films. Actually I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy the last two, considering how much you care for characters.

Kubrick on the other hand is pretty diverse, and he's tackled many genres. I'm surprised you haven't seen some of his most mainstream films, such as 2001, Full Metal Jacket or The Shining. It appears you've yet to see the best of Kubrick

I could say Alain Resnais too for example, but considering I've only seen Last Year at Marienbad it would be silly to do such a thing. Never judge a director by just one film

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Of what I've seen, I don't think Miss Vicky would like any Lynch. I could see her liking Eyes Wide Shut, though I dont.

Of course I'm usually wrong

Well maybe you're a glutton for punishment, Bluelion, but I don't need to see a director's entire filmography to get an idea of whether their work is the kind of thing for me. And I'm not judging anybody by just one film.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Lolita is my favorite Kubrick, which basically means I'm not a Kubrick fan.
That's not necessarily true! I love Lolita and I'm a Kubrick fan!

First name that comes to my head when I think of this topic is Tyler Perry...I like the fact that he is providing a lot of work for black actors, but I don't like his writing or the tired black stereotypes that he presents in his characters.

I saw Midnight in Paris shortly after it was released on Blu Ray and I didn't like it and hence, I haven't seen another Woody Allen film since.

Really unfair to judge a director by one film.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
That's not necessarily true! I love Lolita and I'm a Kubrick fan!
All the big fans certainly like 2001, strange love, clockwork, or shining as favorite.

First name that comes to my head when I think of this topic is Tyler Perry...I like the fact that he is providing a lot of work for black actors, but I don't like his writing or the tired black stereotypes that he presents in his characters.
Tyler Perry is acclaimed?

Terrence Malick. I do try to find a thread to follow with this guy but he insists on hitting the wrong notes. I'm not a fan of his -to me overdone- poetry, but then I guess his 70s films would be a nice change of pace. Too bad they are as well mediocre for their very own reasons, the implausibility of the characters and their acts, the absolute lack of context at times became infuriating. I still have plans to watch The thin red line and hope that it'll turn out well but... I dunno.

Tyler Perry is not acclaimed. Everyone knows he's a hack.