Movie Theme of the Week!

Tools    

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Ok so what is the theme ? Scifi ladies?

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Wayne's World (1992)

Queen ~ Bohemian Rhapsody

&feature=PlayList&p=B25335289B18117A&index=0&playnext=1

I love this scene . . .

Wayne's World ~ "Sponsors"

&feature=PlayList&p=B25335289B18117A&index=1

Welcome to the human race...
I've never seen it, but apparently there's this animé series called Cromartie High School that, for reasons that are currently lost to me, features appearances by Freddie Mercury. I figure, why the hell not...

Kenny, don't paint your sister.

I'm not very familar with either parts of this theme (Although I do like Queen's Crazy Little Thing Called Love) I, however, thought this was an appropriate choice of avatar

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Destiny I am still in with the theme game if thats ok, I havent been online in ages but im hopefully going to be online more regular

I love this weeks theme, I know it is going to be changed tomorrow but Queen is an amazing band and im going to change mine asap

I am half agony, half hope.
Evidently, the movie Highlander had a whole soundtrack by Queen. So, even though I haven't watched that movie, I'm using it as an avatar. Got it?

Johann von Goethe

Hmmm... predictable but a wee bit on the hard side 7thson... ... guess I'll go with Amanda off the Highlander Series for now... It always opened with this little number from Queen...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Seeing as I love Hodges' Flash Gordon I thought I'd take part this week with one of the terminal guys from Klytus and Kala's command centre. If it looks a bit odd, that's because I've had a play with the colour balance

Evidently, themovie Highlander had a whole soundtrack by Queen. So, even though I haven't watched that movie, I'm using it as an avatar. Got it?

I love Highlander... the original is pretty cool... but the sequels were very disappointing other than Endgames but even it would have been better suited as a Sci-Fi movie of the week like they did with the last one, The Source, instead of showing it on the big screen...

Destiny I am still in with the theme game if thats ok, I havent been online in ages but im hopefully going to be online more regular
OK. I haven't been on much, so when I saw your Lego avatar, I thought you left the game.

I love this weeks theme, I know it is going to be changed tomorrow but Queen is an amazing band and im going to change mine asap
Actually, this is day one of this theme. 7thson posted it early, although I told him to wait.

Seriously!

Looking great guys. There are really many choices out there and you do not have to be stuck with just Flash or Freddie. Here is a snippet from the ever factual Wikipedia:

Film and television
Queen contributed music directly to the movies Flash Gordon (1980, directed by Mike Hodges) and Highlander (the original 1986 film, directed by Russell Mulcahy). The songs, "A Kind of Magic, "One Year of Love", "Who Wants to Live Forever", "Hammer to Fall", and the theme "Princes of the Universe" can be heard in the film. It was also used in the Highlander TV series (1992–1998). "A Kind of Magic" can be heard in the beginning bar scene of "Highlander 2".
In the United States, "Bohemian Rhapsody" was re-released as a single in 1992 after appearing in Wayne's World. The single subsequently reached number two on the US Billboard chart (with "The Show Must Go On" as the first track on the single) and helped rekindle the band's popularity in North America.
Several films have featured their songs performed by other artists. A version of "Somebody to Love" was done by Anne Hathaway in the 2004 film Ella Enchanted. In 2006, Brittany Murphy also recorded a cover of the same song for the 2006 movie Happy Feet. In 2001, a version of "The Show Must Go On" was performed by Jim Broadbent and Nicole Kidman in the movie musical Moulin Rouge!. The closing credits of A Knight's Tale released in 2001 has a version of "We Are the Champions" performed by Robbie Williams and Queen; the introduction to the same movie features We Will Rock You played by the medieval audience. In 1992, the film "Gladiator" featured snippets of "We Will Rock You" performed by Warrant whereas their full version was released as a single. In 2004 "Don't Stop Me Now" was featured in the bar fight scene in the cult movie Shaun of the Dead, and "You're My Best Friend" played during the end credits, as well as during the 2006 film "The Break-Up".
In May 2004, The Japanese live-action version of Sailor Moon, called Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. In Act 29: "Minako's Rival, Mio Kuroki, is a Transfer Student?", used "I Was Born To Love You" in a volleyball game scene between the shows hero Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon (Miyuu Sawai) and Mio Kuroki (Alisa Yuriko Durbrow) a Dark Kingdom minion and "Rival" to J-Pop Idol Minako Aino/ Sailor Venus (Ayaka Komatsu).
Keeping in the tradition (since Season Five) of naming each season's episodes after songs from a famous 1970s era rock band (Led Zeppelin for the fifth season, The Who for the sixth and The Rolling Stones for the seventh), the eighth and final season of That '70s Show consisted of episodes named after Queen songs. "Bohemian Rhapsody" served as the season premiere.[98]
On 11 April 2006 Brian May and Roger Taylor appeared on the American singing contest television show American Idol. Each contestant was required to sing a Queen song during that week of the competition. Songs which appeared on the show included "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Fat Bottomed Girls", "The Show Must Go On", "Who Wants to Live Forever", and "Innuendo". Brian May later criticised the show for editing specific scenes,[99] one which made the group's time with contestant Ace Young look negative, despite it being the opposite.
Taylor and May again appeared on the American Idol Season 8 finale in May 2009, performing "We Are the Champions" with finalists Adam Lambert and Kris Allen.
Al Murray's Happy Hour has a Queen theme, as it uses "Don't Stop Me Now" for the introduction and features guest performers along with host Al Murray singing different Queen songs each episode. The remainder of Queen did appear at the end of a series of the show.
"I Was Born to Love You" was used as the theme song of the Japanese drama Pride on Fuji Television in 2004, starring Takuya Kimura and Yūko Takeuchi. The show's soundtrack also contained other songs by Queen, including "We Will Rock You, "We Are the Champions" and "Bohemian Rhapsody".
The band made tentative plans to provide material for use in "The Hotel New Hampshire" but this project was abandoned. However, "Keep Passing The Open Windows" (which is an important catch-phrase line in the movie) did survive. The Simpsons has also made storylines in which they use Queen songs such as 'You're My Best friend'.
On 15 November 2009 Brian May and Roger Taylor appeared on the singing contest television show "X Factor".[55]