The Videogames Tab

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Damn, I forgot all about it! Must try it!

Anyone ever get stuck doing a quest (in Oblivion) and have to start over the game? I almost had to when I was doing that one where you have to go into a painting and save the artist from some truly sinister trolls.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Another quest in Bravil had me tearing my hair out - rescuing the Mages Guild chief's mate from their dream which you can't escape from until you've finished it.

Anyone tried any of the mod stuff for the PC version? Some of it is fantastic - Qarl's texture packs and the overhaul stuff (Francesco's, Obscuro's and the Cyrodiil Upgrade Resource pack are my favourites) are exceptional. I've got 15GB of Oblivion mods on a hard drive, lots for Morrowind too.

A system of cells interlinked
Quick question for you vets - It says in the manual that when you get a disease, you can get healed at a temple, but the healer never seems to offer an option to heal when we have a disease! We currently have Blood Lung. Do I have to buy another (very expensive) potion of cure disease?

In the Beginning...
Quick question for you vets - It says in the manual that when you get a disease, you can get healed at a temple, but the healer never seems to offer an option to heal when we have a disease! We currently have Blood Lung. Do I have to buy another (very expensive) potion of cure disease?
You have to pray at the altar in the back of a cathedral. It's circular and about chest high. Beware! If you are infamous (you have a reputation for doing bad things), it won't let you pray until you restore your good standing. Which usually means going to jail, paying a fine, or paying someone off.

Originally Posted by Tactitus
Another quest in Bravil had me tearing my hair out - rescuing the Mages Guild chief's mate from their dream which you can't escape from until you've finished it.
Aww man, that one was pretty killer too. I thought I was toast until I found the health potions downstairs. Even then though, pretty tough quest.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
You have to pray at the altar in the back. It's circular and about chest high.
Also keep in mind that you have to be a "good" person to be healed at a temple.

In the Beginning...
Anyone got the Resident Evil 5 demo yet? I'm about to play it
Yes, it sucks. I just don't like where they've taken the series. It's essentially a tactical shooter with a lot of running for your life. There's no more creepy suspense, puzzle-solving, or on-the-spot investigating anymore. And why have special enemies you can't kill? That's just a cheap stab at making the game scary, and it just comes off as aggravating.

Anyone ever get stuck doing a quest (in Oblivion) and have to start over the game? I almost had to when I was doing that one where you have to go into a painting and save the artist from some truly sinister trolls.
I've never started a game over, but I've had major glitches that prevented me from completing certain quests. For example, I've never completed the Fighter's Guild because one quest required me to search a body that wasn't there.

Anyone tried any of the mod stuff for the PC version?
I've always wanted to. I'm sure you're familiar with Bethesda's wonderful mod forums. If I had the PC version, I would totally download the Ordinator mod for Oblivion, and probably some of those pack horse mods too.

I didn't like the Resident Evil 5 demo at first either , it's essentially RE4 on the surface - but it does get really fun with a partner on live. The whole game's been crafted around the co-op experience. I'm looking forward to beating the whole thing with a friend when it comes out.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Some mods can totally change the game - static levelling etc - and can make it a heck of a lot harder. Too hard to be enjoyable, I think.

There's an excellent Mage mod which makes robes and staves a lot more useful which I always use. Deadly Reflex is a good one too - it gives a lot more moves to melee combat.

Here are the links which I always keep bookmarked if you ever get the PC version:

2 'best of' mod lists - link link

If your PC can handle it, this site lists all the best texture replacers - link

Finally, TESNexus. Everything is here but it's useful having the above sites as a jumping off point, because there is a lot of crap too - link

RE5 seems like it's gonna be a big letdown, sadly. I've not even been tempted to play the demo yet because of what friends say and the videos I've seen on YouTube. Then again, I was never bowled over by RE4 - the tank-like controls were acceptable (but never intuitive) on the PS1 but a proper roaming 3D would have been much better.

You want to post like me?
Yup, they've done it. They've mixed the DC universe with.... mortal kombat

Warning - violence.

To me the game looks like one of the better fighting games - but if you think about it.
Sonya, the big town cop versus... superman?!
The actor Johnny Cage versus... Batman?!
Does that make sense to you?

And how the hell does the characters of mortal kombat and the DC heroes possibly meet? I've heard they've had some comic writers working to make the story seem plausible... I don't see it.

But anyways I've been watching the famous fatalities (and heroic brutalities when it comes to heroes) on youtube and I gotta say despite the shaky story (at best) it looks pretty sweet.

The new Mortal Kombat is horrible , I was expecting one of the worst fighting games - and it delivered on that promise.

Don't even attempt to follow the story on it either - David Lynch would be baffled by it's logic.

Go play Brawl if you want something fun , or DOA4 .

I believe he does, cracking game, though I personally prefer Melee.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The new Mortal Kombat is horrible , I was expecting one of the worst fighting games - and it delivered on that promise.
Yeah, I rented it expecting the typical MK storyline and wound up having to play as Lex Luthor!? Wow. I am still pretty pissed that it didn't unlock 4 achievements from both sides of the storyline.

Anyone up for a COD 5 tourney?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I See You When You're Sleeping
Just finished Prince of Persia and I'm giving it 6/10; looks brilliant but has repetitious boss fights and progression halting dynamics (collecting 'light spheres' to unlock next level).

Just popped in Dead Space, looks very promising.

Think Dead Space is cracking. It reminds me of Resi, Bioshock and a few other games. More Resi 4 though. Anyway, the controls are very RE, but they have been uch improved and it's also a scarier game, though I personally don't get scared of it, people do. Better atmosphere in it to.