THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Remind me again why you think she is the devil? And just saying she is the embodiment of all evil doesn't count.
In short, she won an acting Oscar for Ghost. There is no other possible reasonable explanation for that.
For a sandwich, soup and drink it's anywhere from 15 to 17 dollars. I kinda can't get over that. There are fine dining places that you can get lunch cheaper than that.
No there isn't.

I'm watching Twister. I love Twister.

In short, she won an acting Oscar for Ghost. There is no other possible reasonable explanation for that.
I've always found it odd that she won an Oscar for that role, too. Granted, I feel she was THE ONLY THING remarkable about Ghost, which I can't imagine liking if she wasn't in the film. I love her scene at the bank... the rest of the time, even with Whoopi, isn't that amazing. I guess they gave it to her to recognize her, not mainly just because of her performance. Unless it was a really bad year? There's better Whoopi stuff than Ghost. Maybe they found something appealing about Whoopi in the psychic role. The black shaman lady from Africa archetype, like Miss Cleo, the Jamaican 1-900 number psychic from the 1990s.

I'm watching Twister. I love Twister.
My mom loves that movie. She could watch it every day forever.

Unless it was a really bad year?
Not IMO.

Whoopi Goldberg (Ghost) beats:

Annette Bening (The Grifters)
Lorraine Bracco (Goodfellas)
Diane Ladd (Wild at Heart)
Mary McDonnell (Dances with Wolves)

Now, I've not seen Wild At Heart because of Nic Cage (I couldn't watch him even back then) but any of the other three should've wiped the floor with her. Especially the top two. If they'd given it to her for The Color Purple, I could've understood it. She may well've been robbed that year, but she'd not done enough to warrant getting a 'make up' Oscar in 1991. We're not talking Peter O'Toole here. Hell, we're not talking Julia Roberts or Sandra Bullock and their 'thanks for all the money you've made us' Oscars here.

Satan is the only answer for this.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
[quote=honeykid;1204513

No there isn't. :[/QUOTE]

Yep. There are. I've have lunch a few times in fine dining restaurants where the bill has come out right around 30$ for two people. Dinner is a different story, but you can get a reasonable lunch at a few places.

Not IMO.

Whoopi Goldberg (Ghost) beats:

Annette Bening (The Grifters)
Lorraine Bracco (Goodfellas)
Diane Ladd (Wild at Heart)
Mary McDonnell (Dances with Wolves)

Now, I've not seen Wild At Heart because of Nic Cage (I couldn't watch him even back then) but any of the other three should've wiped the floor with her. Especially the top two. If they'd given it to her for The Color Purple, I could've understood it. She may well've been robbed that year, but she'd not done enough to warrant getting a 'make up' Oscar in 1991. We're not talking Peter O'Toole here. Hell, we're not talking Julia Roberts or Sandra Bullock and their 'thanks for all the money you've made us' Oscars here.

Satan is the only answer for this.
Lorraine Bracco can go to Hell. Annette Bening... only plays crazy people. Maybe Mary McDonnell deserved it more.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
In a restaurant? Yes. Fine dining? No.
I've been to Amelia's and Paramount. My lunch was around 12 at Amelia's and about 16 at Paramount. Both of those are considered fine dining. I've had dinner at those places too then it goes up to around 100 per couple. They wouldn't even be open for lunch if they would charge dinner prices. Not many people in Gainesville can afford fifty dollar lunches.

I am updating my resume. I really want to start job hunting again. I hate job hunting and am really bad at it when I have a job. I get on the computer to start typing and just end up coming to MoFo to see what's up instead.

That's cool. Food's so much cheaper over there. I forget that sometimes. Looking at those two places though, they look more like gastropubs over here, than fine dining. Nothing wrong with that, especially for me, as I'd rather be in a gastropub. Although, you'd do well to get a starter for $15 in the gastropubs here, let alone lunch.

I used to eat at places like that when I lived on Long Island. Not too many places like that here in the south. Unless you count Applebees.

I picked up the Blu Ray edition of Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans at the library recently and noticed there are two versions. The Fox Movietone version and the European version. Wikipedia doesn't mention the differences between the two (or even there are two versions). What are the differences and which one should I watch first? I'm assuming the Fox because its longer.

I picked up the Blu Ray edition of Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans at the library recently and noticed there are two versions. The Fox Movietone version and the European version. Wikipedia doesn't mention the differences between the two (or even there are two versions). What are the differences and which one should I watch first? I'm assuming the Fox because its longer.
Never mind. I just watched the Fox version anyway.