Things that annoy you...

Tools    

I kinda like the man bun. I see some really cool hairdos where I live. Don’t know what you call these very sharp parts, but I like them. Men‘s hairdos are getting very inventive.

I know i've more than earned my reputation as the angry joyless member of the forum, but how the hell is this 93 pages? Could swear it was like 15 the last time i clicked on it (in 2015 or something), who knows. My depression, my sleeping problems and the idea that i should always be able to be reached, i turned off mentions here and often deliberately ignore my phone to avoid that idea. Other than that, everything...and my current mood.

What’s wrong with the Spanish name Nestor?
Who said there was? I was just buoyed by the multiculturalism .

I guess more and more things have started to make people annoyed...
I speak also about myself
In all honesty Ms. M you've never annoyed me - not once. Yet!
And you can quote me on that if you like .... you just can't edit it

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I guess more and more things have started to make people annoyed...
I speak also about myself
Hahaha. It's good to hear it. Especialy from you
I hope that 'yet' will never come

This kind of BS:

Random lady just walked into the clinic with a little dog under her arm. This is roughly how our conversation went:

Random Lady: Does a second opinion cost anything?

Me: There would be the cost of the office visit and exam, plus anything else the doctor needs to do.

Random Lady: No, I just need a second opinion, not an exam. Does that cost anything?

Me: Yes, there would be a fee for the exam. The doctor cannot give an opinion about your pet's medical condition without doing an exam.

Random Lady: He just had an exam this morning with his regular vet. I just need a second opinion. Can't the doctor just look over the records and give a diagnosis?

Me: The doctor will need to review your pet's records, yes, but he will also need to do his own examination and there is a fee for that.

Random Lady: How much does an exam cost?

Me: If you schedule an appointment, the office visit is $60.00, but if we need to do any testing or other services those are an additional cost.

Random Lady: I just paid that this morning.

Me: Yes, but not here. The doctor cannot give any medical advice without an exam and we do not offer free exams.

Random Lady: Oh well, I'll have to think about that.

The dog looked perfectly healthy from outward appearances, btw.

Doesn’t annoy me particularly, but it’s wrong. I noticed today, Labor Day, that a Roman Catholic Church downtown was flying the Polish flag. Problem is, it was flying at the same height & to the right of the Stars & Stripes. When another flag is flown with the American flag, it must always be to the left of our flag per the United States Flag Code.

Is it illegal in America to go against the flag code? or is it just a respect/etiquette thing and therefore no one can tell you how to fly whatever flags on your flagpole?

I'm not talking things like burning, offensive and so on but when it comes to it being on the left instead of the right.

Oh I like that – I didn't see the "yet" the first time round!

Is it illegal in America to go against the flag code? or is it just a respect/etiquette thing and therefore no one can tell you how to fly whatever flags on your flagpole?

I'm not talking things like burning, offensive and so on but when it comes to it being on the left instead of the right.
I doubt it’s illegal, per se, but there is an official flag code. There are many rules involved. Such as if you fly 2 flags on the same flag mast, the American flag must be on top. When the flag is raised & lowered, the American flag must go 1st. It all makes sense to me & most likely the UK has the same rules. Seeing the Polish flag today jumped right out at me as it was on the wrong side of the American flag. Faux pas.

http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html

We probably do but I wouldn't be bothered at all what people do with their own flags - especially on their own private land - as long as it's not offensive. I couldn't give a flying **** if another country flag is above or on the wrong side of my national flag.

But that's just me.

It’s different in the UK though. Brits don’t fly the Union Jack everywhere like Americans fly our flag.

A couple of summers ago I was doing my daily walk & for a few short weeks there was a house here in Connecticut flying the Union Jack. I thought that was so pretentious to signal one’s nationality like that in a foreign country. I would feel a complete tool if I flew the UJ on my house.

There’s an American lawyer in town married to a Canadian. They fly 2 flags - American on top, maple leaf flag below it on a single flagstaff. A little pretentious also to fly a Canadian flag.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
When neighbors' kids/guests/etc., park on the side of MY house, instead of theirs. It makes zero sense, and as I was typing this, those ********* have to honk their own every single time one leaves or enters. They use their phone for every single act, except THIS... If I was rich, I'd buy every single house on this street, and leave them empty.

Ha, ha. My youngest bro used to own an adorable little country house in England. He had a fit every time his close (very close) neighbor pulled out of his driveway since he would always honk & bellow goodbye to his wife. Drove my bro nuts.

We probably do but I wouldn't be bothered at all what people do with their own flags - especially on their own private land - as long as it's not offensive. I couldn't give a flying **** if another country flag is above or on the wrong side of my national flag.

But that's just me.
It's not just you.

I'm American and I don't give a damn which other flags people choose to fly or how they have them arranged in relation to the stars and stripes. Hell I live in California and have a neighbor that flies a Confederate flag. It certainly doesn't score him any points with me, but in a country that calls itself the "land of the free" I wouldn't ever ask him to take it down.

When neighbors' kids/guests/etc., park on the side of MY house, instead of theirs. It makes zero sense, and as I was typing this, those ********* have to honk their own every single time one leaves or enters. They use their phone for every single act, except THIS... If I was rich, I'd buy every single house on this street, and leave them empty.
^ I hate how people have no thought when parking too. Have a lot of problems with people parking their cars in front of my house blocking the driveway! I don't care if emergency services block or someone parks their quickly to deliver something but to park and leave your car blocking the drive really gets me angry.

If I was rich, I've give money to the council to make the road parking permits only.