The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

So, at least in your case (Suspect can confirm if it's the same for him), it's both using the mobile style, and on a mobile device? And it's clicking the Edit link, and not the little cog that brings up the post options (of which Edit is one)?

Fore me it's clicking both cog which brings up the post options and clicking someone's username to go onto their profile

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Fore me it's clicking both cog which brings up the post options and clicking someone's username to go onto their profile
This.

I'm on my phone using the mobile version of the site.

This.

I'm on my phone using the mobile version of the site.
Does it work now?

For some reason, I'm not getting a notification when ever someone mentions me in a thread. I get notified when I'm quoted but not mentioned. I checked in my options and I have mentions turned on, so I don't know what the problem is.

Strange, I saw the one you just posted now but when Sexy mentioned me in the Survivor thread I didn't see it

When you say you don't get notifications for mentions, do you mean this is has been an ongoing, frequent problem, or just that you've noticed one instance in which you didn't?

If he misspelled your user name then the mention won't work.
That, too.

It also assumes you've seen all mentions every time you visit the Your Mentions page. This can lead to some confusion if you have more than one tab open, if someone spells your username wrong and then goes back and edits it, and other stuff like that.

If it's just the one instance, it's probably something random and coincidental like that.

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean: the problem started now? It started working just now?

The main thing I'm trying to find out is if it's happened more than once. If it just happened the once, I'd bet money it's just some weird timing with page loads and/or not being tagged properly the first time.

I got mentioned here and here today but I wasn't notified, nor did the posts appear in my mentions. Also, neither of them seem to be edited and the links to my name lead to my profile so he didn't spell my name wrong.

I got mentioned here and here today but I wasn't notified, nor did the posts appear in my mentions.
If you go to the Your Mentions page right now, neither is there? Has it happened with anyone other than SC?

Also, neither of them seem to be edited and the links to my name lead to my profile so he didn't spell my name wrong.
This is probably true, but just FYI, there's a 10 minute grace period after the post goes up before editing will trigger an "Edited by" message.

Ah, nevermind: if you look at SC's posts, those aren't mentions. He's just linking to your profile and putting the @ symbol before it with formatting inbetween. I dunno if that's some cagey trick related to the game or not.

Trouble with a capital "T"
@Yoda, has something changed in the MoFo site, or with the servers?

For the last 24 hours or so, pages here at MoFo hang for a long time...by that I mean my browser shows the pages are still loading, though to me they look loaded. I just clicked edit on this post and it hung for a good 10 seconds, even though I could see the page, it's like an element isn't loading.

And when I click to see who left me a rep on a post, it won't load that box, it hangs. I also had the same type of problems with attachments hanging before opening. I did shut off all of my ad blockers and still had the same problem.

I'm going to guess that's the ads I reinstated the other day. The "looks like they're still loading" thing doesn't concern me much, but if it's causing pages to hang, that's another matter. Can't think of why they would, though, since the overlays don't have ads on them, but maybe there's a problem with the JavaScript.

I'm going to turn them off for a bit. Let me know if that changes anything.