Bracket Finals: The Elite 8

Tools    

I'll sell my vote to the highest bidder. I can't vote for 2001 though, haven't watched that one yet (the shame!).

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Star Wars Episode 5 vs. Dr. Strangelove

Goodfellas vs. 2001: A Space Odyssey

I'll sell my vote to the highest bidder. I can't vote for 2001 though, haven't watched that one yet (the shame!).
How much will make you vote for Rear Window?

And I too am a bit surprised by the turnout. I really thought 2001 and Goodfellas would be neck and neck, and like Tyler1 said, Battle of the Algiers beating Jaws? This is shocking.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That's because very few people here have seen The Battle of Algiers. That faceoff and the Persona/Rear Window one have fewer votes than the other two. It appears now that even with a very small core of fans, a lesser-seen film (at least here) can beat almost anything.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
That's because very few people here have seen The Battle of Algiers. That faceoff and the Persona/Rear Window one have fewer votes than the other two. It appears now that even with a very small core of fans, a lesser-seen film (at least here) can beat almost anything.
I guess that's what makes it fun though. It's nice to see that for the most part people have been honest also about what they've seen, making it an even playing field.

I completely disagree. It's not an even playing field at all. It's heavily skewed towards the 'art' end of the spectrum.

If everyone on the site had seen both Jaws and The Battle of the Algiers, do you really think Jaws would be losing? Ditto Rear Window vs. Persona. I think Rear Window's OK. I honestly can't remember if I've seen Persona or not (which is why I've not voted for or against it in any of its ties) however, I'm not going to wade through it, just so I can vote.

Also, as I've already said, for me the fun went out of this once most/all the 'fun' films were voted off.

I do like that people have been honest enough with their voting, though.

Both Persona and The Battle of Algiers would win these matches on a few other movie forums I know, by far.

By the way, if HollyG watches Rear Window like she said she would I can almost guarantee another vote for Persona.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

That explains it. Your side is actively recruiting voters from other sites! No biggie.
Hey man, I love Jaws. I wouldn't do that to Jaws. I just think Algiers is the better film.

If everyone on the site had seen both Jaws and The Battle of the Algiers, do you really think Jaws would be losing?
I think it would be pretty damn close...on this site.

Have you even seen The Battle of Algiers, HK?

Also, as I've already said, for me the fun went out of this once most/all the 'fun' films were voted off.
Yet you keep coming back to the threads...to complain.

No, I've kept coming back to vote. There's a big difference. I've just responded to posts, which is kinda the point, isn't it?

No, I've not seen The Battle Of Algiers, which is why I've not voted for that tie.

I said at the very beginning I didn't care what movie ultimately won. I just thought it would be fun to compare movies that I ordinarily wouldn't.

And it was fun, for a little while.

Anyways, it looks to me like 2001 has a good shot. That's okay, I guess, but there are plenty of other films I'd put above it, epic highbrow piece of cinema though it is.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Star Wars Episode 5 vs. Dr. Strangelove

Rear Window vs. Persona

Jaws vs. The Battle of the Algiers

My feelings on the Jaws-Battle of Algiers and Rear Window-Persona polls can best be described by a man who re-invented the pronunciation of the word '*****'. I give you the great Clay Davis:

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It doesn't matter at this point, but I wonder when the last time all the people who voted against Jaws even watched it. Rear Window too for that matter. Why don't any of the Persona voters post in the Persona thread?