2023 MoFo Fantasy Baseball: Season and Trades

Tools    

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Nice to wake up to a new Cadillac in the driveway. Hopefully it isn’t spitting and sputtering within a week.

Complete game shutout in the afternoon...2 home runs at night. Ohtani is something else.

Could you imagine if he started getting fat like Babe Ruth?
That's a joke, I'm not projecting it into existence.

Nice to wake up to a new Cadillac in the driveway. Hopefully it isn’t spitting and sputtering within a week.
It's funny how the brain approaches this stuff. You trade for some player and it feels like a fresh start. They just needed a change of scenery! On this made up team they don't know they're on.

Same thing for "bye" weeks in fantasy. Alright, glad those guys are all resting up, during a week they're still playing in real life.

It's funny how the brain approaches this stuff. You trade for some player and it feels like a fresh start. They just needed a change of scenery! On this made up team they don't know they're on.

Same thing for "bye" weeks in fantasy. Alright, glad those guys are all resting up, during a week they're still playing in real life.
So true. It’s no wonder normal folk look at us sideways when we bring up fantasy sports.

Mad Max is past his prime, that I can understand. I feel his worst pitching this season is behind him, and he will provide somewhat around where Verlander is producing currently.

If Trea suddenly becomes the player he always had been then I was wrong, but only if that happens. It was so bad I would've done better with Geraldo Perdomo. It's sad actually, as a fan I hope he does rebound. Next season.

Scherzer was driving me crazy this season. I would much rather have a pitcher that gives up three every game than one that pitches a shutout and then gives up six. The rollercoaster makes me cuckoo.

A system of cells interlinked
Scherzer was driving me crazy this season. I would much rather have a pitcher that gives up three every game than one that pitches a shutout and then gives up six. The rollercoaster makes me cuckoo.
Sounds like all my guys this season. I expect it from a guy like Morton, wo is getting up there, but Nola? I still wonder if this is the highest average ERA season across the league since we started the league...

I think it all comes down to matchups now. Look at Yodas pitching #'s, best in the league. Now look who he has as a platoon of starters. Not the best in the league by far. He's #1 in whip yet has pitchers with whips over 1.20. I've never been good at doing matchups.

I think it all comes down to matchups now. Look at Yodas pitching #'s, best in the league. Now look who he has as a platoon of starters. Not the best in the league by far. He's #1 in whip yet has pitchers with whips over 1.20. I've never been good at doing matchups.
Part of it's that offense is up. What wouldn't have been a good WHIP or ERA a few years ago is pretty good now. A team with a 1.20 WHIP, right now, would be 4th in our league. A 3.70 ERA would be good for 5th.

The other part is that I've got a few guys who've been injured since who I got some really killer innings from before, so they're not on the roster now but still part of those overall numbers.

Ack! Took a chance on Johnny Cueto and got stung. Maybe Ron Guidry's available.

Poor Taylor Ward took a pitch to the face, blackened his eye. That has to be a batters greatest fear going up to bat, taking a pitch to the face. Of course the pitcher has to worry about the line drive, ...yeah better to be the batter.

Not much left on waivers. Like scrounging for supermarket food three years into a zombie apocalypse.

I came up with a great idea to test if all coaches in the league are active. Take an A-list blue chip player and offer him for a fraction of the cost in a trade. If they don't respond then they're obviously inactive. Yoda, you being commissioner it should be your duty to do just that. No thanks necessary buddy.

That has to be a batters greatest fear going up to bat, taking a pitch to the face. Of course the pitcher has to worry about the line drive, ...yeah better to be the batter.

I don't face big leaguers, but hitting is scarier to me. If you're gonna get hit by a line drive on the mound, you won't really have time to think about it.

Come to find out Taylor Ward has multiple facial fractures I didnt think it was gonna be that serious. Thats true though Lamb the dread can be half the trauma.

Currently watching Jackie Chan and John Cena throw a baseball back and forth in Hidden Strike. It's wild to see Jackie Chan struggle with a "simple" physical action.

Second to last in the league with RBIs, Mama Mia! There's always one category each year that breaks my balls, no pun intended. Gonna give Hunter Renfroe a go again.

Max Fried is supposed to be coming back very soon. Only gotten 26 innings from him this season.....needing a B-Rated movie level comeback this year. Don't players cheat still?! Do they even sell corked bats anymore?

Now Justin Verlanders going back to Houston. This sounds like many actions I've taken as a fantasy coach.

The Chicago Cubs got Fried today, whew! I just hope he can stay healthy these last 2 months. Kershaw should be back next week, same hopes for him of course.

Don't know if it's even possible to get 25 more points in 2 months. I'm not even in the 100 club.

It is extremely possible. But yes, tough, and tougher as the season goes on. But underestimating how much ground you can make up if your team genuinely gets hot is a very common thing.