The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I keep getting the following message -

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

even though it's not true.. They have been updated, there are new posts - and even though I check out every post, I have 8 pages (and have for weeks)

Assuming I'm understanding you correctly, this actually just means you haven't looked at them yet. When trying to fix the New Posts issues we've been having, I actually switched to a better/more advanced thread marking option. It's more server/database intensive, but the result is that it now tracks which threads you've specifically seen, whereas before at the end of each visit it marked them all read.

This hasn't fixed the issue we were having, so I might switch back, but I think that should explain things.

I got a glitch...

Trying to upload an animated banner to my profile, and the image is the right size, 960x315... then when I upload it to the banner, the animation isn't active, it's just a solid image.

I had a look at my own settings, and everything is fine... however, on a second look at the Edit Banner screen on MoFo, I've noticed that the site is resizing my banner to 959x315...

Here's the image...

And here's what the site reckons on the image size... 959x315... it's not though, it's 960x315.

Sounds like it's rounding something off wrong. Let me make a small tweak and we'll see if that does it.

If it still doesn't, this is enough of an edge case that I'd be comfortable just uploading it manually.

I can't take any real credit for it. I found it on t'web and simply resized the image and added the animation cells to my banner template.

Okay, give it a quick try again.

(Hopefully I didn't just break a bunch of other stuff that only pops up later. I built this so long ago I'm having to re-learn a few things about it.)

Sorry, I missed something on that last change. Once more, please! I'd say 80% chance this last tweak makes no difference, but just want to make sure.

Alrighty, I've just updated it manually.

If this crops (no pun intended) up now and then I'll get knee-deep into the profile banner script again. But this has been (thankfully) very rare and probably requires some rare circumstances to occur, so I'm okay with the band-aid fix for now. Thanks for letting me know.

Yeah, that's our DNS service. Usually leads to major performance gains, but it's come with more of a trade off than I expected. Not sure why it hiccups like that now and then in some locations.

Please let me know if it happens again. I'm trying to get a sense of the frequency to see if the benefits are worth it. I think they are so long as this remains very rare.

yeah i can click on them,but i have to search for them

ah,how do i do that cr? its not like this all the time though which is weird,just sometimes. but its happened alot recently

Trouble with a capital "T"
Topsy, if you use a mobile device, I don't have a clue....But for a PC you can usually push the + or - keys on your keyboard to increase or decrease the screen size. I just did that, increased the view size and I got the same results, see below.

Also different web browsers have settings to increase/decrease zoom and also to do font size. Usually these are located in the tool section.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	28043