All about the upcoming Live Action Musical Hall of Fame

Tools    

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Hybrid conversations. I am racking my brain trying to remember where those conversations happened witout ridicule.

I also wanted to nominate The Umbrellas of Cherbourg haha, I'll have to find something else.

Well, I can't get enough answers, which tells me the animation wouldn't do much at all, mixed with all the live musicals that are available. Then, after that, we'd do an Animated Musical Hall of Fame, for the same reason we are doing it now.

CitRules, go ahead and make your Hall of Fame thread. If you all want to keep arguing, and making fun, keep it in here. I am done with this.

Well, I can't get enough answers, which tells me the animation wouldn't do much at all, mixed with all the live musicals that are available. Then, after that, we'd do an Animated Musical Hall of Fame, for the same reason we are doing it now.

CitRules, go ahead and make your Hall of Fame thread. If you all want to keep arguing, and making fun, keep it in here. I am done with this.
I'm sorry D, I'll say definitely yes.

What was the question?

We should do a Hall of Fame for every list Gideon makes. Who wants to run the upcoming supporting actress haircut in a thriller HoF?
This honestly made me spit out my Coffee . I didn't think that happened in real life so thanks, also f u Cricket I was enjoying that

How about everyone here humor me for a second. Let us pretend that we are doing a flat out Musical Hall of Fame. It has to be a musical, not about music, but it can be animated.

What would each of you honestly choose as your nomination?
I'm sorry D, I'll say definitely yes.

What was the question?
The answer isn't really needed now. Maybe over an hour ago, when I first asked.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
The Music Man
Chicago
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Are these the nominations so far? Did I miss one? I just want to make sure that I can obtain all of them (out of these 4, I have 3, but I have seen the 4th).

Do people really not see the difference between Lion King and Singin In The Rain, South Park and Umbrellas Of Cherouburg, Little Mermaid and West Side Story? .
Why is being different an issue? One of the points of the HoFs was for people to expand their horizons and whilst doing genre specific ones goes slightly against that there is still a lot of scope within a genre for people to be introduced to new things. Now if extra rules are going to be brought in to exclude certain movies it just seems like these are being run so people can just watch the same stuff they've already seen. This happened with the Noir HoF when a limit was placed on the years of release and now we are (were) having a HoF where movies that obviously qualify seem to be ruled out without discussion.

I like the idea of drilling down into genres to an extent but arbitrarily ruling out movies that clearly qualify doesn't make sense. What Justin did with the slasher HoF was the way to do it - less rules, not more.

What Justin did with the slasher HoF was the way to do it - less rules, not more.
Less rules? Yeah, but just how far wrong can you go with slashers? It's pretty obvious the type of film to choose. The only one that mucked it up some was Derek with his Creeper.

Trouble with a capital "T"
You guys can have the musical hof run anyway you want it.
I resign...Someone else can run it.

People are still going nuts and complaining about how I was running it and it won't stop until I'm gone. I'm done.

Less rules? Yeah, but just how far wrong can you go with slashers? It's pretty obvious the type of film to choose. The only one that mucked it up some was Derek with his Creeper.
It's the same principal - for a Musical HoF people should be allowed to nominate wahtever fits into the broad definition.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope

I like the idea of drilling down into genres to an extent but arbitrarily ruling out movies that clearly qualify doesn't make sense. What Justin did with the slasher HoF was the way to do it - less rules, not more.
The only thing he did different that Citizen should have done is name it different from the start. You can't be much more limiting within a genre than he was. I doubt limiting this to live action is limiting anybody's viewing. My guess is the animated noms will be much more main stream than the live action in this genre. I think specializing these is a good compliment to the broad HOFs. In fact the Noir HOF has been my favorite and I have been able to avoid a lot of stuff I am not that interested in with the others.

Let the night air cool you off
You guys can have the musical hof run anyway you want it.
I resign...Someone else can run it.

People are still going nuts and complaining about how I was running it and it won't stop until I'm gone. I'm done.
I'd step in and do this if he wants out.

It's the same principal - for a Musical HoF people should be allowed to nominate wahtever fits into the broad definition.
Not when it got renamed. Horror Hall of Fame, Slasher Hall of Fame. Live Action Musical Hall of Fame, and if the full out Musical Your Butt off Hall of Fame was so important, then someone run one.

The only thing he did different that Citizen should have done is name it different from the start.
Isn't it amazing how that one thing made all this happen. Color me crazy, but personally, I would have just asked him to rename it . . . if I had been anal enough in the beginning, to even care.

Have fun! I'm out, too!

I want to run this. Does anybody else want to run it? If not, I'll take over. Any objections?
No objections, just curious if we're still doing the animation one.