THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Yeah, it is very common... you just don't think it'll ever happen to you. At least you hope it never will.
I never use a credit card, but my wife does...and now they have chips in them, which I 'guess' is a security improvement. MM, did your card have a chip in it?

I never use a credit card, but my wife does...and now they have chips in them, which I 'guess' is a security improvement. MM, did your card have a chip in it?
I'm 95% sure my card didn't get psychically taken advantage off, so that wouldn't matter...

I'm 95% sure they have my info from some internet website or something or at least got the info digitally somehow; through hacking or other.

So, let me understand this. I hears already that online ordering (such as (math) books, LPs, BRs in my case) is dangerous in itself. I don't know how they do it, but they fyou. My dad has a protected card, I don't even know what that is. Is that secure, then? for online ordering, I mean? Last year for my birthday my parents ordered me

via Amazon. Math books are unbelievably expensive. This one was $90, and that's even below average. There are ones for $1000 etc.

I've never had a problem using my card online but I never use wack sites.
Hope that wasn't meant as a dab in my direction... I probably just read into it wrong.

Anyways, I never use wack sites. I never order anything from sites I don't trust. We have something called Trustpilot, don't know if you know it, but it is something started here in Denmark that helps you identity bad sites. I always use that, for one, before I order anything.

I've never had this happen to me, and I've online shopped A LOT. There is always a chance... I was just one of the unlucky ones...

Hope that wasn't meant as a dab in my direction... I probably just read into it wrong.
He meant it for me

I've never had a problem using my card online but I never use wack sites.
Sorry Mark, you're wrong, the site my wife purchased from was a legitimate site, just not a well known .com like Amazon.

Sorry Mark, you're wrong, the site my wife purchased from was a legitimate site, just not a well known .com like Amazon.
How about amazon itslef? Is at least THAT secure? I mean, it's my bday again, and I'm just about to order another bloody expensive math book (this one's even worse!) from it. Will at least that protected card, whatever it means, suffice?

It can happen anywhere IMO. My first & only time on Spotify - my Citibank card was hacked.

How about amazon itslef? Is at least THAT secure? I mean, it's my bday again, and I'm just about to order another bloody expensive math book (this one's even worse!) from it. Will at least that protected card, whatever it means, suffice?
Check the seller. If it's amazon themselves or if it's "fulfilled by amazon" or whatever it usually said, you should be good...

But if it's some weird ass seller selling stuff to overprice you proabably shouldn't do it.

Anyways, I got 3 new reviews up in my diary thread!

One Disney, Two Tarantino films! Check it y'all... https://www.movieforums.com/communit...11#post1748311

Afaik on Amazon private sellers never sees your card details - you pay Amazon, they deduct their 'take' and pass the rest on to the seller. That's my understanding of the process anyway - and I've never encountered a problem there irrespective of whether Amazon is the seller or an item is 'fulfilled by Amazon' or by some 'weird ass seller' themselves.

Afaik on Amazon private sellers never sees your card details - you pay Amazon, they deduct their 'take' and pass the rest on to the seller. That's my understanding of the process anyway - and I've never encountered a problem there irrespective of whether Amazon is the seller or an item is 'fulfilled by Amazon' or by some 'weird ass seller' themselves.
Probably true. And most sellers seem to have good reputation all over...

But still, not all sellers are "sold" or "fulfilled by amazon". Some sellers sell stuff from their storage and handle and ship their own stuff. Therefore I just meant that there is a small risk that these could be a pain in the a** to deal with, since the only thing they have in common with amazon is that their items are posted onto Amazons site (and some money deal thing of course)...

Probably true. And most sellers seem to have good reputation all over...

But still, not all sellers are "sold" or "fulfilled by amazon". Some sellers sell stuff from their storage and handle and ship their own stuff. Therefore I just meant that there is a small risk that these could be a pain in the a** to deal with, since the only thing they have in common with amazon is that their items are posted onto Amazons site (and some money deal thing of course)...
I guess they could be but other than one time if I've received faulty goods or not received them at all the sellers have been easy to deal with and full refunds forthcoming pretty swiftly - and from that sole experience (in hundreds of transactions) which required Amazon to intervene they seemed pretty good at policing things.

Far more chance of coming across a 'wrong-un' on somewhere like eBay imo.

How's your forensic detecting going - any success yet?

Well the police have taken up the case and I've giving what info I know, so all I can do from here is wait...
Here's hoping the reimbursement is swift and that they catch the buggers!

Well the police have taken up the case and I've giving what info I know, so all I can do from here is wait...
In America the police wouldn't even look into it, I guess their to busy. At least they told us that it was a credit card company issue.

In America the police wouldn't even look into it, I guess their to busy. At least they told us that it was a credit card company issue.
Well, I must say I was surprised they chose to look into it...

We have had a lot of issues like that, too, here in Denmark, where the police won't do anything unless someone's out there shooting people or something... I think it's because it's the police district of "the other side" of where I live, where nothing happens. Guess they didn't have much to do.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Same here. The bank deals with it. But that's very cool for MM. I hope someone gets their ass flogged - I cant stand thieves and scammers.

Depends on the department and how lazy the financial crimes detectives are. The police do look into these matters though. Though truth be told I rarely file these offenses. Not because I won't do so, but because a lot of people never bother to fill out a police report and just deal with it through the bank. Hell my credit card was misused once for a whooping 30 bucks and all I did was call the bank. I got a new card, let the fraud guys know, I was reimbursed, and I called it a day.

Depends on the department and how lazy the financial crimes detectives are. The police do look into these matters though. Though truth be told I rarely file these offenses. Not because I won't do so, but because a lot of people never bother to fill out a police report and just deal with it through the bank. Hell my credit card was misused once for a whooping 30 bucks and all I did was call the bank. I got a new card, let the fraud guys know, I was reimbursed, and I called it a day.
The good thing is I never did file a report myself. That was actually the company from whom the scammer ordered stuff from. I'm just side lining it, basically.

So yeah, all I personally did was what you did; contact the bank to get my card cancelled and say I was scammed and then they will do the rest, like getting my money back etc. So it's good.