Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Man of Steel

I started to write some thoughts on it, but it just got way too big, for this thread at least. I'll save a full review for when I make my own thread.

Basically, I didn't hate this movie, but it wasn't that great, either. It felt too generic for a superhero film, but I think they can fix their mistakes in the sequel. I didn't see anything that would kill the franchise, so there's that. I wasn't too angry about the extreme action (total skyscrapers collapsing), and Superman didn't cause as much of it as that as I thought he would. So I'll say it passes, but they need to pick it up in the sequel.

6.8/10
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Finished here. It's been fun.
^Cool dude. Looking forward to maybe hearing your full review of it.

Oh and I hope Batman's new suit has neck protection.

Warriors of Heaven and Earth. A Chinese movie, not bad, the action scenes were very good and also the photography, but it had too many characters to keep track of. It was kind of muddled, but other than that it was quite entertaining.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Chronicle
. Awesome popcorn flick. Very entertaining and for once I have to say the found-footage style actually benefited the movie. This is legitimately one of the better superhero films I've seen.If you guys are looking for a entertaining,satisfying action sci-fi flick this is damn good choice.

Chronicle
. Awesome popcorn flick. Very entertaining and for once I have to say the found-footage style actually benefited the movie. This is legitimately one of the better superhero films I've seen.If you guys are looking for a entertaining,satisfying action sci-fi flick this is damn good choice.
Agree 100%; this was a nice surprise.

American Beauty (1999) -

Truly great. I should give it a full rating but for now a 9 will suffice. I remember not knowing what to make of it when I first saw it, and now after seeing it for the third time, I loved it. I was in the perfect mood for it and thoroughly enjoyed every second. Spacey owned in the 90s.

Bicycle Thieves (1948) -

A really simple film. That's the best way I can describe it. I loved the scene at the restaurant. Good, but not great. It is one of those films that even if you don't love it, you can't not appreciate it. Or, you can, but that will mean you don't have your heart in the right place.

I knew you would like that rating. I read your review of the movie. The movie was pretty dull. I like a slow movie if it has great atmosphere or good characters. Sheen was wooden as hell.

Badlands is slow?
Very. I had a short bus pull up outside while I was watching it.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Very. I had a short bus pull up outside while I was watching it.
You should definitely watch some Hong Sangsoo and Bela Tarr then. Badlands isn't nearly slow cinema