Books that you would like to see made into a film?

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...

I think there are supposed to be 2 more of these books. They are really good! There are vampires, fae, shifters and witches. I think they would make for some fantastic movies!

Looking at comments from two pages back about Watchers, the Dean Koontz book being made into a movie starring Corey Haim. Yeah, it wasn't that faithful to the book at all. I would also like to see a good film version of that. Another Koontz book I'd love to see made into a film is Twilight Eyes, if I haven't mentioned it. It concerns a drifter who can see "goblins" hiding beneath various peoples' outer skins. I know it sounds a bit like the movie They Live, but it doesn't concern subliminal ads and the like. This is straight horror. Our hero kills every goblin he can and the main bulk of the story is him as a carny spotting goblins in every town they travel to. One of his earlier books but very well-written and if handled right, could make a super movie.

Speaking of Koontz, the first of his series of "Odd Thomas" books have been made into a film, one that Koontz himself has praised as excellent. Thing is, it's been completed for a good while now, and although set to be released...well...who knows? This link has the trailer and the scuttlebutt about what's holding things up:

http://pagetopremiere.com/2013/05/od...n-in-theaters/

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I am a big fan of Marilyn Manson and have read his Autobiography and I think that would be a good film. Its very VERY messed up and you can see why he is how he is now, but I would like to see it on the big screen.

Not Enough Time
No way! I love that movie. It's hilariously stupid!
i saw it recently and enjoyed it more than first viewing, and i was definately comparing it to The ULTIMATE Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy which is the whole series in one book so i was confused as to why it left so much out, and we all know how frustrating it is to watch a movie that completely skips some of your fav parts of a book! Which, by the way, I heard The Hobbit movie only covered a small portion of the book. True? I've never read it (i know!). I mean how many are they making? I thought it was going to be another trilogy?

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

I think there are supposed to be 2 more of these books. They are really good! There are vampires, fae, shifters and witches. I think they would make for some fantastic movies!
Wow, that girl is sexy! I haven't read them yet, but it already has my vote!
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Which, by the way, I heard The Hobbit movie only covered a small portion of the book. True? I've never read it (i know!). I mean how many are they making? I thought it was going to be another trilogy?
From what I've heard the book splits, quite nicely, into two parts. However, they're going with the trilogy and, I think, making the 'second' part of the book into two films.

Friggin' Neuromancer already. I think it's in development hell again, Vincenzo Natali was supposed to make it. I don't think he can handle it though, I got worried when they named him. I'm a fan of they guy, I just don't think he can handle this one.

And I'd love to see a more direct interpretation of 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep,' that would be cool.

I'd love to see a more direct interpretation of 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep,' that would be cool.

I don't think it would transfer to film very well. Blade Runner was VERY loosely based on the book. Ridley Scott took the key messages conveyed and used them to created something completely different. I think the book is very slow paced, and a direct adaptation would be quite boring.

Yeah, I actually always thought Androids would make a good stage play. I messed around with a script for that for a little while, might pick back up on it. Now I have to read Androids again, it's been a while since I dropped that project.

And of course I don't mean 'direct,' that would be like Stephen King's version of 'The Shining,' that was terrible. The guy doesn't understand the process of adaptation. 'Androids' would certainly need adaptation, but 'Blade Runner' is extremely loose to the point of being almost an original work. (One of my favorite movies of all time, of course. Seen it dozens and dozens of times)

I always envisioned the pace to be something like 'The Ninth Gate,' (another all-time favorite) but that movie gets away with being slow paced because of the noir/mystery side of it that pulls you through it, almost to the point where you don't even notice that it's slow paced.

A system of cells interlinked

I have read the series of Harry Potter but it's sequel is already released..!!

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud
I think there were plans to make a movie based on it but it’s apparently stewing in development hell since there hasn’t been any news since 2008-ish.

Eragon/the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini
There was a movie version of Eragon but it was awful so a remake would be nice.

The Darth Bane trilogy by Drew Karpyshyn

Phytosphere by Scott Mackay
This one would probably be tough to make a movie out of since it would have to juggle an alien invasion plotline as well as a post-apocalyptic survival story but I’d be willing to watch it at least once even if turned out to be a complete mess.

Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover
Keep George Lucas far away from it and you have a Star Wars movie that would be even better then Empire Strikes Back in my opinion.

Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist and Garcia Marquez's A Hundred Years of Solitude.

The Reluctant Messiah

Weaveworld

I'd like to see a good version of Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness. We've been fooling around with movies lifted from it for decades, including 3 variations on The Thing, some X-Files themes and the recent Prometheus and there WAS thought of making the movie (Guilllermo Del Toro) but it probably won't happen now. It's a great story that could work with today's cinematic magic.