Danny Boyle's 127 Hours

Tools    

Danny Boyle has yet to have a great or even really good movie. His best movie to date has been Sunshine, and that is only a 5 or 6 out of 10.
Yeah, except this is totally wrong.

Normally I'd reply with something more substantive, but if someone can condemn things without elaborating, I don't mind contradicting them without elaborating.

Yeah, this looks like it could be really good. I actually more films of his than I thought. 28 Days Later, Shallow Grave, Trainspotting, Sunshine...all very good to great efforts. He also goes to Vicky Park a lot, which is the park I go to, so another point from me

Ring ring...

One of the greatest movie theater experiences I've ever had, hopefully that is enough to persuade someone else to go see it at the theaters. Boyle's best???? Maybe.

In my opinion, this movie is very well portrayed, however; how good can a movie be that portrays one man's adventures in 127 hours stuck between a rock?

Danny Boyle has done well to keep the viewer engaged, and my partner did have a good cry at the end.

It's worth the watch, and I'd give it an overall rating of 3/5

how good can a movie be that portrays one man's adventures in 127 hours stuck between a rock
Except only about a fourth of it is just purely him stuck there. For the most part, the film manages to stay quite busy, crawling with personified mental activity and impressionistic flairs.

As for Boyle, I did enjoy 28 Days Later, but this film might top it. I wasn't that impressed with his other work---Slumdog especially. Personally, I think the message of this film is similar to Sean Penn's Into The Wild in that this extremely individualistic Gung-ho Body without Organs relearns the value of human relationships. Honestly, I can't say I so much agree with the premise of either film---seems almost a bit like blackmail, no?---but in general I think it is a very well presented notion.

Except only about a fourth of it is just purely him stuck there. For the most part, the film manages to stay quite busy, crawling with personified mental activity and impressionistic flairs.
That's what I was meaning when I said Boyle has done well with this movie, he portrays Aron Ralston's hallucinations well and the struggles he went through, as even Aron himself said so.

As for Boyle, one of his (Trainspotting) is still one of my favourites of all time

It wasn't his best film but it was far more enjoyable than slumdog.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I found it very enjoyable--to make the story of a man trapped in a very small space visually and emotionally appealling is quite a task. I think Boyle did an excellent job with this. (Throughout the movie though, I must admit I was hoping, "please, no lengthy flashbacks....", and was pleasantly surprised.)

After I watched this interview with the real Aron Ralston, I was even more impressed with the movie.