Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

→ in
Tools    

I'm teeter-tottering back and forth with a grade of 3/5 or 4/5. I thought the acting, for the most part, was top notch. Some of the dissolves and other editing effects were interesting, but a little much. Plot wise, it was decent, but anyone who saw Wall Street knows what's going to happen 15 minutes beforehand. I dug it, but I'm just not sure what how to feel. Thoughts?

That read like a shot... was that a shot? heh heh...

You don't believe in 3.5/4? Of course, that would make it one of Ollie's best movies...
I haven't seen all of his flicks. Full disclosure, Platoon is one of my favorite movies of all time. The original Wall Street was decent, but not phenomenal. I could see a 3.5.

-The acting in this film was pretty good. Better than average.
-The editing/use of dissolves and transitions was a little irritating at places.
-The characters were pretty gullible
-How could it have been that easy?

Take a look at Cinemablend: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Weeke...-Do-20832.html

Wall Street took 19 million, way more than The Town, a way better film did. Does anyone else think it's because Gordon Gekko is an iconic character that more or less pops up in real life?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Just saw this one--was eagerly awaiting it. After seeing it, i realize it was a bit of a let-down for me. It seemed Oliver Stone started out swinging hard at first, and then gassed himself and went all Disney towards the last half. The script to me seemed very ham-handed when dealing with references to the original movie. Could've had way more fun with that. And Shia Labeouf always reminds me of a dog that hasn't been fed, hanging round the kitchen table. I would've gotten more enjoyment watching 2 hours of the other characters throwing snacks in his mouth. And as for Stone's butchering of Gordon Gecko, what in the world was he thinking? Trash your best asset, why doncha? It was like watching pudding harden. Nice to see Austin Pendleton and Frank Langella though. Ok, I'm done.

movie never sleeps, but i did sleep in the movie theatre!