Vin Diesel hints at new Riddick film

Tools    

Boiler Room was his best film to date.
That's about it.

He was amusing in FIND ME GUILTY. He was doing something different. But it didn't appeal to his broader audience. I am also kinda partial to KNOCKAROUND GUYS, but BOILER ROOM is where he seems to be really acting. The plot was solid too.

I don't know if I can stomach another RIDDICK/PITCH BLACK installation though.

That's about it.

He was amusing in FIND ME GUILTY. He was doing something different. But it didn't appeal to his broader audience. I am also kinda partial to KNOCKAROUND GUYS, but BOILER ROOM is where he seems to be really acting. The plot was solid too.

I don't know if I can stomach another RIDDICK/PITCH BLACK installation though.
KNOCKAROUND GUYS i kind of liked and A Man Apart i enjoyed.

Yeah, and he died in it. Fairly quickly too.

I'm a huge fan of the Riddick character, and the films aren't what made me one. I became a fan with the two Riddick video games (the best way to find out how potentially badass he can be), and though I wouldn't call either one of the films a favorite of mine, I'd pay to see anything else headlined by Riddick.

I like Pitch Black. Riddick's character development was fantastic. Didn't like the way Chronicles turned out though. Mainly because, after reading the novelization of the screenplay first, I thought it could've turned out great, but somewhere along the way in the film, the screenplay became jumbled, confusing and uninteresting.

Yeah, and he died in it. Fairly quickly too.
and he never got to show off his massive muscles in that movie too

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
New Riddick 3 storyboard art

Sep 4, 2011

On Facebook, Vin Diesel has posted some new Riddick 3 storyboard art from the upcoming sequel, directed by David Twohy.

Here’s what Vin updated us on the film: “While I was working on character, the Director and his team of artists have been creating the world and style of this picture. We all know how much I enjoy concept art and storyboards, haha, I am like a kid in a candy shop. Seeing the early stage of CGI is always fascinating to me, it is a element that usually comes together long after the filming process, so you look forward to seeing it fully realized. First stop for the Riddick production is Canada, which is where we shot a large part of Chronicles…
P.S. I am grateful to have Universal in such support of this complex character’s journey… not many studios would back an “R” rating. Very cool.”

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I really liked him in Boiler Room, I would like to see more of that kind of role--the action stuff is fun, but too over the top...

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Pitch Black and Boiler Room are his best films.

Riddick 3 plot details

Aug 10, 2011

Looks like we’ll finally see the rogue bad-ass Riddick (Vin Diesel) again, as plot details and casting are being released for what was once called The Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking, which is seemingly now called Riddick.
In a nutshell, the movie sees Riddick back on a barren planet, surrounded by monsters and mercenaries – both species who want him dead and vice versa. Though there’s a couple of potential cameos from previous Riddick movie faves, it’s mostly fresh blood this time surrounding the big guy. And speaking of fresh, the character seems to have gotten a welcome, kick-ass overhaul….he’s more brutal, bad-ass and virile (as some may say) than he was in the previous films (via MovieHole).
Also of note, is the character of Boss Johns coming back here, who was Riddick’s adversary in Pitch Black and his father.

I agree with aktemple, Boiler Room and Pitch Black rock. Who's directing? David Twohy? He is at his most effective with a small budget.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Riddick 3 for 2012?

Sep 18, 2011

Fans have been waiting a good while for the next installment in The Chronicles of Riddick franchise, and development on the next chapter has been moving along recently. Vin Diesel posted on his Facebook Page that he’s got two meetings today. One of them will be for the casting of the film, and the other will be to discuss a release date of 2012. It’s unknown if that can be met as he’ll very likely be moving forward with Fast and the Furious 6.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
From Killerfilm.com
Karl Urban returns in Riddick 3

Sep 23, 2011

Development on the next installment in the Riddick franchise is moving with Vin Diesel ready to reprise his role as Riddick, but he’s not the only one returning. Bloody-Disgusting has learned that Karl Urban will be reprising his role as Vaako in The Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking. It’s unknown how big of a role he’ll or the Necromongers will be play in the film, but hopefully it’ll explain how Riddick lost leadership of the army.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
More Possible Casting News For Riddick Movie

After a troubled month or so of having production on hold due to financial problems, it appears as if David Twohy’s Riddick has sorted out its money and it is once again in production. With that, we also have an updated list of possible cast members.

According to B-D, “Andreas Apergis, Katee Sackhoff (White Noise 2: The Light, Growl, The Haunting in Georgia), Bokeem Woodbine (Total Recall, Devil) and WWE wrestler Dave Bautista (The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption) have all been given offers. Add Matthew Nable (K-11, Killer Elite) to the list as “Boss Johns”. Apergis would play “Krone”, commander of the dark theocracy. Sackhoff would pay “Dahl”, a Nordic merc tracking Riddick.”

The site also reports that there is strong interest for Cliff Curtis and Holt McCallany, but at this time nothing is confirmed.

So far, Vin Diesel and Karl Urban are locked in for the sequel.

Synopsis: “Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick (Diesel) fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction.“
I hope Katee Sackhoff get's in, I would like to see her in something else.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
A few new shots of the new Riddick movie, at least they got Katee Sackhoff to play in it, I will watch the movie just for that one reason.

Vin Diesel holding something big

Katee's character Dahl

Some Mercs

I must be the only person here who preferred Chronicles to Pitch Black