Can you name good Vamp Flicks?

Tools    

I like the horror vampire flicks, or just vampire flicks. Plus i made this to help my friend out.. Can you name the ones that were really great? Some bombed and some were great. What are your ideas?

Some i have seen:
The Lost Boys
Interveiw with a vampire
Dracula 2000
John Carpenter's Vampires

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Near Dark is a much unheralded and unknown Vamp classic...check it out.

A Special Edition DVD is due out on September 10.

Here's some in no particular order

Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979)
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)
Fright Night (1985)
From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
The Hunger (1983)
Innocent Blood (1992)
Cronos
Martin (1977)
Salem's Lot (1979)
Vampyr (1932)

Salems Lot is my favorite. Probably because that was one of the first books I read and I've always been partial to David Soul. Not a bad made for T.V. movie.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Future Ed Wood
Nosferatu - 1922

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Seraph of the Void
Originally posted by jrs1013
oh come on, you edited it.

'Last edited by Naisy on 09-02-2002 at 01:36 AM'

Busted.

I'm sorry just kidding.But that hit me broadside so soon after waking up.
"When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"

Seraph of the Void
Ok um

Lots of good suggestions...

Yeah Fright Night was a good movie

So was Dusk til Dawn, Dracula (the coppola), Interview, etc.

Vampire Hunter D!!!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Vampire films....

Dracula (Tod Browning/Bela Lugosi)

From Dusk Till Dawn

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

The Lost Boys

Interview With The Vampire

Scream, Blackula, Scream (okay, maybe not, but I love the title..)

That Bugs Bunny cartoon where he fought Dracula

"Dracu-LEE, Dracu-LAA"(An Animaniacs cartoon with Dracula in it... "Hey, Didn't you used to teach numbers on Sesame Street?"

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

what about the '79 remake of nosferatu?! is L .B . Jeffries
the only other one who's seen it?!
i'm not a big fan of vampire movies, in general, but this is by far the best vampire story i've seen. as usual, klaus kinski manages to give the creeps better than any other actor just by the look on his face, an effect compounded by rediculous makeup and low voice (apparently, herzog lured the ever eccentric kinski into a two hour screeming fit in order to get his voice to sound cool.)
best vampire film ever, and a fresh (totally unromantic) look at the count.

edit: a couple others that come to mind are 'the addiction,' and 'blood: the last vampire.'

"I can't help it..."
Shadow Of The Vampire
Queen Of The Damned
Fright Night
Fright Night II
Blade
Blade II
From Dusk Till Dawn

I like to watch...
I don't know whether I'd class this as a particularly good vampire flick in the true sense of the word but it is certainly quirky and more than a little bit funny - Vampire's Kiss starring Nicolas Cage. Defintely one for those with an offbeat sense of humour.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally posted by linespalsy
what about the '79 remake of nosferatu?! is L .B . Jeffries
the only other one who's seen it?!
i'm not a big fan of vampire movies, in general, but this is by far the best vampire story i've seen. as usual, klaus kinski manages to give the creeps better than any other actor just by the look on his face, an effect compounded by rediculous makeup and low voice (apparently, herzog lured the ever eccentric kinski into a two hour screeming fit in order to get his voice to sound cool.)
best vampire film ever, and a fresh (totally unromantic) look at the count.

edit: a couple others that come to mind are 'the addiction,' and 'blood: the last vampire.'
No i've also seen it, another great Herzog movie with Kinski in it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the ending and how it was really unclimatic, and how he died in a stupid kind of way.
Another good one not mentioned yet is a David Bowie movie the Hunger, which by the way has an excellent lesibian sex scene in it.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201