The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

I'm not sure if there's anything to do about this Chris, but for the last few weeks I've been having a tough time submitting new threads. I hit the button and it just hangs there. Sometimes for 10 minutes before it goes to a blank screen and says "done" Which I find sort of comical, seeing as its in fact not done. But whatever. Another kind of kooky one that can probably be chalked up to my wireless connection.

No, it's not your wireless. I posted my theme choice yesterday, and about an hour or whatever later, I came back to see what other's were using. Mine wasn't there. I've also been deleting a fair amount of duplicate posts and threads here lately, from different members.

Welcome to the human race...
For some reason, new posts made in Movie Tab II aren't showing up. Case in point - it says "last post by Meatwadsprite" and I clicked it, except it redirected me to the last post in the thread, which was actually by Classicqueen13, and there was no Meatwadsprite post whatsoever. Then Undercoverlover also makes a post in the thread, and I click to see that, but it's the same Classicqueen13 post and UCL's post is nowhere to be seen either.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I log onto the site and every now and then in the "This just in" section, instead of the latest new posts I get this...

���������������������HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 22:29:58 GMT Server: Vary: Accept-Encoding X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.9 Expires: 0 Cache-Control: private, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0 Pragma: no-cache X-UA-Compatible: IE=7 Content-Encoding: gzip Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=99 Connection: Keep-Alive Transfer-Encoding: chunked Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 1a ��������������������� 0

That seems to happen when the browser misinterprets the data being sent. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to this, unfortunately, though obviously refreshing pretty much always seems to fix it.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but in the 'just in' section on the homepage, it sometime has the accurate time count- like '1minute ago'- but always reverts to '5 hours'

There's a time zone issue that I haven't been able to sit down and sort out. Which time zone are you in? Related: is anyone on east cost time in the US having this issue?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Pacific Time. Mine always says that all the posts were made less than a minute ago in the "This Just In" section; at least about a second after the screen shows up, they all revert to that, but I think Harry Lime mentioned that months ago and he's in the same time zone.

Same here for this Great Pacific Northwester.

For whatever reason it seems to somehow reset itself somewhat and after several minutes it begins to behave normally but as soon as I refresh it goes right back to 'less than 1 minute ago' for all of the posts.

Weird. Wild. Stuff.

When I mark a movie as watched again, this is the page it goes to . . .

I go back two pages, hit refresh, and it shows that I added it twice, even though I obviously only added it, or hit submit once . . .

You already told us about these errors in the shout-box, but just in case you don't know about this . . . Now you do.

Now it just says this . . .

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/movieforums/public_html/lists.php on line 53

It didn't except any of the movies I added, either.

I'm not sure how it's suppose to work, but once I hit submit, it bounces back to the top of the page. It's still set on edit, and for all I know it's suppose to be. Either way, when I go to the main list page, it says that I just added some movies. So I reckon it works.