Movies that f*cked with your mind

Tools    

WARNING: I'm way too lazy to check the entire forum for a similar/identical thread... if there is one, please let me know and I'll remove mine.

Have you noticed that once in a while you finish watching a movie and think "What the f*ck? What exactly happened there? Wait... I need to rewind and watch it again..."
And maybe, the second time you watch it it makes sense... or maybe it doesn't and you need to have another go. Or maybe, some of it made sense the first time, but there are odd details you can't quite make out... and you go around asking people what they thought it meant... am I getting my point through?
Anyway.. I might as well illustrate with examples...

Stay (2005)
Starring: Ewan McGregor, Naomi Watts, Ryan Gosling
Directed by Marc Forster

Donnie Darko (2001) - I loved it, own it, watched it at least 3 times... still cannot figure what it's about
Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone
Directed by Richard Kelly

The Lake House (2006) - IMO not even in the same ballpark as the other two... but still.. confusing to me
Starring: Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock
Directed by Alejandro Agresti

Southland Tales (2006) - Didn't get it... (sucked IMO) and I'm not about to watch it again!
Starring: about a million people!
Directed by Richard Kelly (couldn't get away with it this time)

These are just a few I could think of... I'm sure there are many more.

Registered Creature
The End of Evangelion.

Funny Games. It didn't f*ck with my mind in the sense that it was confusing, but rather when it was over I was thinking "holy.... sh*t... what the hell did I just watch".

The King of Movies
The end of American Buety. I couldn't work out who
WARNING: "american buety" spoilers below
killed the main charicter
. I thought it was either his wife or the gay guy next door. I had to check the 'net to be sure who did it.

I rewinded the bit in the movie Signs when you see the alien thing caught on camera. I was like HOLLY *****.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
totally get what you're saying about Donnie Darko -- we had rented it through cable and the description had NUTHIN to do with what the movie was truly about. My roomate and me kept glancing at each other through it and smirking, not quite sure what to make of it, though lovin it all the same.

For me, it was the movie Naked Lunch. Seen it a million times since that first happily confused viewing

A system of cells interlinked
I thought it was quite clear what Donnie Darko was about, even without the quite obvious allusion to Last Temptation of Christ on the movie-house sign when Donnie was walking out. Apart from clearly obvious time travel theme, the film is about sacrifice.

Southland Tales was also pretty obvious, especially with direct quotes from the book of revelations every few minutes, and the tag line for the film being "Have a Nice Apocalypse."

There goes Seds, educating the masses again. I rep you for trying...

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
I agree that donnie darko was confusing the first time around. Also, Suicide Club was really confusing, but not in the conventional sense of the word. At the end of that one, I didn't know what the movie was about until a repeat watch.

Blue Velvet, Mullholland Drive, Lost Highway, Twin Peaks, Inland Empire. Yup, Lynch likes his one night stands with my mind.

Dark Crystal kinda gave me that wtf feeling. That and Yellow Submarine......but both in a good way, a very good way.

Yeah, but you should have kicked some of those out of bed! HA!
Lol, Inland Empire definitely got the boot out of bed. I respect it as far as visions goes, but I don't see myself watching it for a long long long long long long long time.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

Ive seen this a few times and I still dont get whats going on, it is abit annoying as normally I get things straight away.

I wonder how the sequel will be.....

I wonder how the sequel will be.....
THEY'RE MAKING A SEQUEL?????

kick back and watch humanity go by
Well, there's always Fight Club...I was like, what? Especially cos I don't think about the end during watching

The movie:

Number 23