The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) is funny!

Tools    

The King of Movies
To some this guy is just known as that "wreslter who became an actor and stared in some action flicks"

But there is more to this guy than just that. He is realy funny. A lot funnier than Adam Sandler (read my other thread).

I have not seen Get Smart yet but from what i have heard and from trailers he is extremly funny in that movie. In Be Cool he was very funny and even though Welcome to the Jungle was an action flick his charicter was hillariouse with his witty come backs.

When he was in WWE the guy was by far the funniest wrestler around. He could captivate audiences thanks to his charisma and energy.

Although he is not realy known to be a funny man, this guy is very funny and you should check out some of his movies for a good laugh.

Aye, I've gotta give the man credit. He hosted SNL a few years back, and showed some genuinely good comedic timing (particularly in "Brian Fellow's Safari Planet"). The fact that he looks like a sculpture come to life probably doesn't hurt his career prospects, either, of course.

A system of cells interlinked
I enjoyed his role in Southland Tales.

Welcome to the Jungle is known as The Rundown here (USA). I saw it on tv. I think part of the reason it worked was because they tweaked the choreography and editing and stunts to make them more "impactful", which is evidence that parts of Hollywood are finally catching up to what they were doing in Hong Kong in the early 80s. I don't know if this translates to The Rock being a good actor but he certainly didn't detract from it any and that puts him and the movie about a zillion light years ahead of Commando in my awesome and totally quotable opinion.

I love the Rock, Cuz he nakes my butthole pucker wth the funnies.

I wish he wouldn't go by Dwayne Johnson when he's acting, though. That man is THE ROCK. Has there ever been a better wrestler name than that? He does not look like a Dwayne Johnson. There is a reason why he grew up to become a wrestler -- he needed to get away from the "Dwayne Johnson" name and become THE ROCK!

Did Carrot Top go by his real name, Scott Thompson, in Chairman of the Board, the only movie he's ever done? Don't think so! BTW, when am I ever gonna get around to seeing that flick, it's been ten years since it was released...

The King of Movies
I wish he wouldn't go by Dwayne Johnson when he's acting, though. That man is THE ROCK. Has there ever been a better wrestler name than that? He does not look like a Dwayne Johnson. There is a reason why he grew up to become a wrestler -- he needed to get away from the "Dwayne Johnson" name and become THE ROCK!

Did Carrot Top go by his real name, Scott Thompson, in Chairman of the Board, the only movie he's ever done? Don't think so! BTW, when am I ever gonna get around to seeing that flick, it's been ten years since it was released...
Yeah the Rock is a good name

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I think The Rock is a cool guy. He was hilarious in the wwe and the films ive seen him in he is awsome. "Welcome to the jungle" was a fantastic film, he was great in that. Also in "Walking Tall" he played another good charector.

I have said in another post, I heared a rumor a while ago that he was going to play the next "Terminator" mainly because of the physique. To be honust I would rather him not play the terminator, if he is that is. Because I dont think he would fit the role. Another reason for the rumor was in "Welcome to the jungle" where he plays the bounty hunter, at the begining he walks through the bar entrance and has a passing word with arnie, so ive heared online that was a "Passing of the role" which personally I find that a complete load of bull. As I saw The Rock in a interview and he was saying it just came about by chance that arnie would walk past and say "Have a good time". They were sat having lunch and it just came up that would be a good idea for a little cameo.

Apart from that Dwayne The Rock Johnson is a great actor, and I hope to see him in his later roles.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Surprisingly yeah, he is a decent actor. I just flat out didn't get Southland Tales, but I thought he did a good job in it, and he was funny in The Rundown and he really was the only halfway decent thing about Be Cool. He doesn't have that same Hulk Hogan, "Groan, it's a wrestler in a movie" thing going at all. His personality and his skills as a good action star have seen to that. Wrestling is part acting to begin with, and he was HILARIOUS on the mic back in the day, too.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Apart from that Dwayne The Rock Johnson is a great actor, and I hope to see him in his later roles.
I wouldn't go that far He is ok, not great

and he really was the only halfway decent thing about Be Cool.
wasnt he like a very strange gay man in Be Cool? I felt more confused than he did watching that train wreck of a character. . .

I never really liked him, except for Be Cool. He just seems to ruin movies for me. Doom would have been better without him.

"Kids , it's tough to be the rock ! *oh yes*

and you jabronies in the locker room ? can all kiss the rocks ass ! *oh yeah*

*oooooooooooo*

cuz when the rock's done laying the smack down on some big fat ugly hermaphrodite - he like a slice of that unadulterated delight"

- The Rock , Pie

Lets put a smile on that block
I love the Rock, Cuz he nakes my butthole pucker wth the funnies.
Well this is certainly a horrid image.