Reputation..

Tools    

How does reputation work? Can I see how I got a negative rep?

Negative:1

Total: -1

I clicked on Reputation, and nothing happend. Whats up with this?

it's currently bugged, look at the software update thread in this section

How does reputation work? Can I see how I got a negative rep?

Negative:1

Total: -1

I clicked on Reputation, and nothing happend. Whats up with this?
Yeah, Eyes is right; you don't have -1...there's just a small glitch in the code that displays those ratings.

The reputation system is relatively simple: every time someone clicks the thumbs up on one of your posts, you go up 1. When someone clicks the thumbs down, you go down 1. Beautifully simple, eh?

Oh, and the word "Reputation" in the User CP isn't supposed to be clickable, either. I'll get that link outta there.

Yeah, Eyes is right; you don't have -1...there's just a small glitch in the code that displays those ratings.

The reputation system is relatively simple: every time someone clicks the thumbs up on one of your posts, you go up 1. When someone clicks the thumbs down, you go down 1. Beautifully simple, eh?

Oh, and the word "Reputation" in the User CP isn't supposed to be clickable, either. I'll get that link outta there.
Oh, OK thanks for the explanation.

Yeah, Eyes is right

ooh, this one's going in the signature

just noticed this feature...eeek...not really liking this feature, unless you can see the post that got the negative/positive reputation...I don't care who gave me a negative, but Id love to see what post it was!

Horrorphiliac

just noticed this feature...eeek...not really liking this feature, unless you can see the post that got the negative/positive reputation...I don't care who gave me a negated, but Id love to see what post it was!
I've been toying with writing a script which displays all such posts. In the meantime, though, you can see your reputation on a given post by, well, looking at the post. On your own posts, where you'd normally see the thumbs, you'll either see a green number, a red number, or (on most posts) the word "Even."

I've been toying with writing a script which displays all such posts. In the meantime, though, you can see your reputation on a given post by, well, looking at the post. On your own posts, where you'd normally see the thumbs, you'll either see a green number, a red number, or (on most posts) the word "Even."
oh ok, thanks Yoda!

yay, thanks Yoda!!

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Hey, Yoda, while looking around the forum, all of Holden's and Sedai's posts say "Thanks!" where the rep option should be, and I know I haven't rated certain posts that say it. I mean, it's on EVERY post of their's.

What's up?

Good question. I can't imagine why the upgrade would have changed much of anything with the post rating system, but I'll have to look into it further over the next day or so. I'll be sure to post any updates here.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I have that issue with a few users, as well. Eyes, for one. All his posts say Thanks!.

Yeah, I have that issue with a few users, as well. Eyes, for one. All his posts say Thanks!.

weird, when I look they all say even, go figure...

I searched for my own posts using the advanced search feature...checked every post I've made since October 2006! they're all even! not one negative or positive...how long has this feature been around?!?!?