MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
I think the crew I have now have the potential to get the job done. Now I've got to just leave them alone.

It's not lost on me that the guy who autodrafted is over 30 points ahead of me, and needs less than half of what I need to pass Adam. Never mistake movement for progress.

My apologies to everyone for so many moves and trades. Again. I pray I leave this way of playing Fantasy sports behind me for good, and not just because I aint worth a damn at it. Its just not normal.
Play ball!
Honestly man, I think your style of playing provides a lot of entertainment during the season. I am a sot on my laurels kind of player, so when my draft isn’t good it feels like a loooong season. That’s why I was trying to be so proactive early this year. Don’t apologize, you do you.

A system of cells interlinked
Did you finally put together a lineup consisting entirely of guys who homered the night before?

Impossible - half those guys are on my team!

The trick is not minding
Olson may go to the IL depending on how much he’s hurt. He was hit by a line drive today. It’ll be a significant to my pitching core, as he’s been a valuable starter after grabbing him from the waivers before the season began.

Olson may go to the IL depending on how much he’s hurt. He was hit by a line drive today. It’ll be a significant to my pitching core, as he’s been a valuable starter after grabbing him from the waivers before the season began.
Better the hip than the head. I remember the season both AJ Puk and Alex Cobb were drilled right to the head on separate occasions, and both were at Tropicana Field.

The trick is not minding
Better the hip than the head. I remember the season both AJ Puk and Alex Cobb were drilled right to the head on separate occasions, and both were at Tropicana Field.
Very true. All things considered, he’s lucky.
On the plus side, I broke 80 points.
Also, can we take a moment and acknowledge how scary Yoda’s team is when it’s healthy? Once he got everyone back from IL, he rocketed up the rankings.

I feel pretty good about it...but honestly, how about Adam up near 120 without Cole (and mostly without Skenes)? Bonkers. He hit on so many mid-round and late-round guys. Though I feel like Elly is responsible for a ton of this, and we'll settle down in the low 100s again if he comes down to earth a little. He's a streaky player so that's what I'm hoping for, and it'll need to happen if anyone's gonna catch him.

Also, can we take a moment and acknowledge how scary Yoda’s team is when it’s healthy? Once he got everyone back from IL, he rocketed up the rankings.
We see him do this every season. He plays his part well as the measuring stick.

I feel pretty good about it...but honestly, how about Adam up near 120 without Cole (and mostly without Skenes)? Bonkers. He hit on so many mid-round and late-round guys. Though I feel like Elly is responsible for a ton of this, and we'll settle down in the low 100s again if he comes down to earth a little. He's a streaky player so that's what I'm hoping for, and it'll need to happen if anyone's gonna catch him.

As soon as I read this I thought of Mikeys winning season with Miguel Cabrera, and how his squad never settled down. They were even strong the last week of the year.

Yeah, I'm still optimistic Adam'll come down a bit but each week that passes it's more plausible he can stay in that range. I think I can get up into the 100-teens, which may or may not be enough. But it might be one of those years where a ~105 total, which is good enough most years, just doesn't get it done.

Lotta baseball left.

Alas, outside of a few studs most closers are guys you tolerate ratio-wise in exchange for the Saves and a little bump in K rate.
Yes I'm living this post right now. BEHOLD!

Hector Neris (1.56 Whip)
Jalen Beeks (1.30 Whip and in Colorado!)
Michael Kopech (1.24 Whip)
and it looks like the new closer for the Angels, Luis Garcia (5.06 ERA)

I dropped Jason Adams because having a pitcher controlled by Coach Cash is maddening.

'That guy is not very good, but he is unhittable': How Cubs' Shota Imanaga is baffling MLB hitters

Shota Imanaga's path to top of Chicago Cubs pitching rotation

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-pitcher-japan

Im wanting to move Luis Robert Jr for a strong starting pitcher. They say he could be available as soon as June 4th.

For those that dont know he is an Outfielder that finished 61st overall in 2023 with 90 runs, 38 homers, 80 RBIs, 20 SBs, .264 avg, and .315 OBP

Well. Goodbye to Acuna. Tore his left ACL and is out for the rest of the year
Oh no Brutal blow to him and you.