Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

I assume the response will be "yeah but he had to say that." Which is, of course, one of the reasons not to care too much about what he says either way: because he's not exactly a disinterested observer.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I assume the response will be "yeah but he had to say that." Which is, of course, one of the reasons not to care too much about what he says either way: because he's not exactly a disinterested observer.
Also, a lot of actors dont like movies they're in. No biggy.

Having an emotional reaction is not the same thing as going into it with high emotions. Totally different things.
You're missing the point. the point is I'm telling you I went into the movie at with an open mind. And my emotions as the film played out weren't emotional they were just simple observations. And I knew what I was seeing was a train wreck but I continued to keep an open mind. If you think I just jumped on this forum full of emotions ready to hate on a movie you're sadly mistaken. After the movie I gathered my thoughts and thoughts about it for sometime, days after its release before jumping on this forum.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
I have a general question about the Luke complaints, okay it's probably a couple questions.

Are you fine with him separating himself from the resistance?

If yes, would you not expect some character changes to come with a monumental decision like that?

If no, what would you have wanted them to do with Luke?

Especially movies where the character they're most famous for is killed off.
I wonder if Sean Bean likes his death reel.

This might just do nobody any good.
It’s fine and perfectly understandable if Hamill had apprehensions towards Luke’s journey in this movie. It’s his iconic role and I’m sure he would have liked save the day as the stalwart hero but what we got was much more interesting. The whole concept that the character latches onto is that the old Jedi, the laser-sword wielding army, is the wrong approach. He’s new philosophy is that of Yoda’s. To safeguard galaxy wide balance is much more noble than blowing s**t up (a lesson learned by multiple other characters in the film).

It’s really quite similar to the end of Dark Knight.
WARNING: spoilers below
Luke’s projection is a younger image because that’s the Luke of the legends, the myths talked about in The Force Awakens.

What’s better? To risk the lives of others in a final blaze of glory, or to give them an opportunity to fight one more day and an ideal to rally behind?

You mean when he said this?

I still haven’t accepted it completely. But it’s only a movie. I hope people like it. I hope they don’t get upset, and I came to really believe that Rian was the exact man that they need for this job.”
Don't dig a borrow for yourself hamster lady it's no secret that Mark Hamill dislikes the force awakens. Even Disney warned him to be silent. Since Disney are little dictators

You're missing the point.
No, I'm just making a point different than the one you're trying to make. The point of the article that was posted (which is what you were responding to) is that people had negative initial reactions to The Empire Strikes Back, and thus the initial reaction to a film from die-hard fans isn't really a great indicator of a film's quality, or how it will be regarded in the long-term. That has literally nothing to do with your personal state of mind entering the film.

What was this supposed to be? I can't even guess.
Plain awfulness, I assume.

And yeah, I don't wanna be pedantic, but every Rey is Ray, and Rian is Ryan, and Leia is Layer. Maybe this is all being posted on a phone?

Don't dig a borrow for yourself hamster lady it's no secret that Mark Hamill dislikes the force awakens. Even Disney warned him to be silent. Since Disney are little dictators
I dont even know what that is supposed to mean. Please use your words to get your point across. And much like the Korean/ Vietnamese debate, you've been told several times that my avatar is a marsupial, not a rodent. Please get it together.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
You're missing the point. the point is I'm telling you I went into the movie at with an open mind. And my emotions as the film played out weren't emotional they were just simple observations. And I knew what I was seeing was a train wreck but I continued to keep an open mind. If you think I just jumped on this forum full of emotions ready to hate on a movie you're sadly mistaken. After the movie I gathered my thoughts and thoughts about it for sometime, days after its release before jumping on this forum.
Are you saying those of us who liked it didn't have an open mind going in? Seems pretty impossible to gauge how people are influenced by outside chatter. Especially for things this big.

BTW, as far as I can tell no one here that has been debating with you about the film is calling it a masterpiece. We all have our problems with it.

Seems like there is a small sect of movie goers who feel it is all or nothing with films anymore. It is either the best or the worst. I really don't get that.

Plain awfulness, I assume.

And yeah, I don't wanna be pedantic, but every Rey is Ray, and Rian is Ryan, and Leia is Layer. Maybe this is all being posted on a phone?
OMG That's nuts i never caught that. That's a crazy auto correct. Ryan is the correct spelling though so it got that right

You ever heard of a little Internet thing called dictation
Huh?

Are you saying those of us who liked it didn't have an open mind going in? Seems pretty impossible to gauge how people are influenced by outside chatter. Especially for things this big.

BTW, as far as I can tell no one here that has been debating with you about the film is calling it a masterpiece. We all have our problems with it.

Seems like there is a small sect of movie goers who feel it is all or nothing with films anymore. It is either the best or the worst. I really don't get that.
Since you don't get that i'll explain that, every film i usually watch I have my pros and cons about the film. But now and then a film comes along like battlefield Earth or the last Jedi. The difference between the two is one is inflated to be seen as good or okay yes the film is visually pretty I don't deny that but I'm just here to deflate this hype and bring some people back to reality. not all people since a lot of you see the good and bad in this film. But many of you are not seeing or simply denying the in continuities throughout the movie. And the one thing I hate about A film is in continuity.

The difference between the two is one is inflated to be seen as good or okay yes the film is visually pretty I don't deny that but I'm just here to deflate this hype and bring some people back to reality.
Does that mean "it's the worst film I've ever seen" is not a literal/serious statement, but just something being said to try to counterbalance people who like it more?

Because that kinda feels like A Thing in Internet discussion, where everyone overstates their position and says things they don't really mean to try to help an opinion rise above the din of everyone else's.

Did you ever learn to use it properly?
So since you guys can't have a discussion with me on Star Wars now complaining about the way i use dictation you sad sad people